Great options

7 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

What are your opinions on Keogh? Are we all ready for Pandora's box to be opened?

This may well surprise you.

I actually really am a fan of Keogh. Fancies himself a bit too much with it at his feet, which gives me the collywobbles, but he is a real warrior.

Shackell is far better and a more rounded centre half if you want my honest judgement, and Keogh does have have those absolutely hum-dinging mistakes in him, but in all honesty, I don't mind him at all.

Pleased for his fight back after becoming a bit of a scape goat at times in the last eighteen months or so.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

This may well surprise you.

I actually really am a fan of Keogh. Fancies himself a bit too much with it at his feet, which gives me the collywobbles, but he is a real warrior.

Shackell is far better and a more rounded centre half if you want my honest judgement, and Keogh does have have those absolutely hum-dinging mistakes in him, but in all honesty, I don't mind him at all.

Pleased for his fight back after becoming a bit of a scape goat at times in the last eighteen months or so.

So you can be rational. I agree with this, I think Keogh's performances depend largely on who is playing alongside him.

20 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

So you can be rational. I agree with this, I think Keogh's performances depend largely on who is playing alongside him.

I'm always rational, just misunderstood! ;-)

I'd tend to agree ... a lot of Keogh's issues came, I have to say it, with Buxton alongside him. Who, in my honest opinion, despite his never say die qualities and growling, and gnashing of teeth, all that stuff we loved, quite frankly, wasn't up top the job at the level we want to be at.

Keogh has done well, it was tough on him after the playoff final clanger, and I think his game suffered badly. People were lining up to dig him out.

He has stood up to be counted, and deserves his newly found fan favourite status. All credit to him.

50 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Quite to the contrary, I always remember Forsyth being targeted because of how hapless he is in the air. Has cost us dozens of goals. He is in the top three in terms of left backs at the club. Thats as far as I will give.

You must be thinking of Olsson because I don't think I have ever seen Forsyth get beaten in the air defensively. Top left back, so so solid. On the ball he's a bit hit and miss, but I think he's the best defensive left back in the league. Only winger to have had him on toast in his entire time here was Matty Phillips, who is now playing in the Premier League.

6 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

I'm always rational, just misunderstood! ;-)

I'd tend to agree ... a lot of Keogh's issues came, I have to say it, with Buxton alongside him. Who, in my honest opinion, despite his never say die qualities and growling, and gnashing of teeth, all that stuff we loved, quite frankly, wasn't up top the job at the level we want to be at.

Keogh has done well, it was tough on him after the playoff final clanger, and I think his game suffered badly. People were lining up to dig him out.

He has stood up to be counted, and deserves his newly found fan favourite status. All credit to him.

Not having that mate. Keogh's issues came from Buxton being injured and McClaren not finding a consistent partner for him after the fact. Buxton and Keogh was a good partnership, more than good enough for a tp six side as shown by the fact that when the two of them were fit and played together we never dropped out of the top six.

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Not having that mate. Keogh's issues came from Buxton being injured and McClaren not finding a consistent partner for him after the fact. Buxton and Keogh was a good partnership, more than good enough for a tp six side as shown by the fact that when the two of them were fit and played together we never dropped out of the top six.

Buxton was never really my cup of tea. Agreed, the Albentosa debacle was a bit of a joke, but ultimately, our back four has evolved for the better.

4 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Buxton was never really my cup of tea. Agreed, the Albentosa debacle was a bit of a joke, but ultimately, our back four has evolved for the better.

Surprises me that. Given what you've beeen saying in other posts about your playing career I would've thought you'd loved him - never say die attitude, didn't shirk out of challenges and was easily our best ball playing defender (at the time).

I would rather have him as a back up than Shackell if I'm honest.

Just now, PodgeyRam said:

Surprises me that. Given what you've beeen saying in other posts about your playing career I would've thought you'd loved him - never say die attitude, didn't shirk out of challenges and was easily our best ball playing defender (at the time).

I would rather have him as a back up than Shackell if I'm honest.

Yeah you make a fair point, given my adoration of those 'menacing' types. Its certainly the attitude I used to take out there onto the pitch. I've been nicknamed 'Keano' in many a dressing room haha!

I don't know really, I just didn't ever click with Bucko. Could never quite put my finger on it. Perhaps i was unfair on him. Definitely gave us his all.

Keogh looks better now. I'd say most of the honour should go to Baird, who is much better positioned than Christie and at the same time takes the responsibility of passing away from Keogh.

How many goals we have conceded with Baird as RB? He balances our games so well. Much has been said, what he does to Ince but Olsson/Lowe can also roam free as Johnson easily covers them as a left footed player. Suits us well.

Anyone else of the same opinion that Pearce on current form is the best all round centrehalf we have had in years and years? Many have been good at one or two of the main criteria but Pearce not only is quick and can pass well but also great in the air, commanding, real leader and defends like his life depends on it. Cant think of a better all rounder since 2000.

Archived