Great options

Bryson on bench to come on is like having a yorkshire terrier at the ready. He's still got running in those legs.

BJ is becoming undropable. He was immense today in a performance of 5 players at least warranting a 9 out if 10 (Baird, Ince, Hughes, Butterfield second half, BJ). GT if fit will be a great option to have on the bench

I still have a gut feeling that Blackman will come good and will be another strong addition on the bench which could allow Vydra to have the wide right birth.

Vydra is like **** off a stick. Warranted he's not starting but he has the pace to hit tiring defence's in the last 20.

Have to eat humble pie on The Baird. He has improved every game since he filled the RB spot. We now gave two RB's who both bring something different to the table.

Although not a fan of Olsson he did nothing wrong today. Lowe imo is first choice but strength in depth is key as we will (and have picked up a number of injury's this season).

Pearce is imo the best out and out defender we have had since Laursen. No nonsense but comfortable on the ball and a born leader. We still have Shacks on the bench who is resting up. In readiness to step in when needed.

Form is only temporary but based on the upturn in performances by virtually every member of the squad am i alone in thinking we have the 2nd strongest squad in the division?????

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

You could say great options if you think how well our third choice left back did yesterday. Or how our third choice keeper is in form for Stoke.

I wouldn't mind having Forsyth and Thorne back though.

Thorne, yes very definitely. Forsyth? Not in a million months of Sundays.

I'd rather have Bruce Forsyth than Craig. Absolute garbage left back. Nowhere near the team ever again thank you very much. Not with the other two left backs at our disposal.

3 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

I'd rather have Bruce Forsyth than Craig. Absolute garbage left back. Nowhere near the team ever again thank you very much. Not with the other two left backs at our disposal.

Oh dear lord fellas he's off again. What wrong with Fozzy?

Let me guess you played with both Maldini and Roberto Carlos and Fozzy isn't a patch on either of those?

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Oh dear lord fellas he's off again. What wrong with Fozzy?

Let me guess you played with both Maldini and Roberto Carlos and Fozzy isn't a patch on either of those?

Whats wrong with 'Fozzy'? Just about every aspect of full back play. Time to move on.

8 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Disagree with you about Forsyth, he is a very solid left back, very rarely gets beaten, and is good going forward as well.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Disagree with you about Forsyth, he is a very solid left back, very rarely gets beaten, and is good going forward as well.

Dreadfully poor delivery from the flank, just can't seem to strike a ball at all correctly. Don't rate him, stinks the place out.

We have far better at the club nowadays.

5 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Dreadfully poor delivery from the flank, just can't seem to strike a ball at all correctly. Don't rate him, stinks the place out.

I think his delivery is quite good, obviously down to opinion though. Isn't it great how a common love for a football team can bring together so many strangers with so many varied opinions.

12 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Whilst his high crosses can be wayward, his low crosses are brilliant, difficult to defend against. His attacking forays were a joy to watch, especially in Mac's first season.

Forsyth is my first choice because he has good all round ability, plus one huge advantage over the other two, he's not bad in the air. It's like having an extra cd when defending dead ball situations and when the keeper has to play it long, he invariably beats his man in the air to knock the ball on. 

He would be a good option if we wanted to change to 3 CD during a match. 

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

Forsyth is my first choice because he has good all round ability, plus one huge advantage over the other two, he's not bad in the air. It's like having an extra cd when defending dead ball situations and when the keeper has to play it long, he invariably beats his man in the air to knock the ball on. 

He would be a good option if we wanted to change to 3 CD during a match. 

Quite to the contrary, I always remember Forsyth being targeted because of how hapless he is in the air. Has cost us dozens of goals. He is in the top three in terms of left backs at the club. Thats as far as I will give.

Just now, Daz_The_Ram said:

Quite to the contrary, I always remember Forsyth being targeted because of how hapless he is in the air. Has cost us dozens of goals. He is in the top three in terms of left backs at the club. Thats as far as I will give.

Must watch a different game to me as he wins nearly everything in the air, hence why we went through a stage of being useless and just booting the ball to the left wing for him to win the header and hope something happened

1 minute ago, KBB said:

Must watch a different game to me as he wins nearly everything in the air, hence why we went through a stage of being useless and just booting the ball to the left wing for him to win the header and hope something happened

Don't rate him. Left back ... in the changing rooms. 

Hahaha, see? I made a joke. I'm not miserable ALL of the time.

7 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

What are your opinions on Keogh? Are we all ready for Pandora's box to be opened?

Archived