How did people survive....

David

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Daveo's getting very bitter that he can't get to the Forest game tomorrow.

please don't feed the troll 

unless it's fully gluten

i may have been winding him up via text.

You're so vain, betcha think this post is about you....

1 hour ago, David said:

For so long with gluten in their food? 

Or was intolerance always a thing like beards and ale drinking?

I imagine in the past because people didnt have doctors to tell them they needed to have gluten free food they probably just naturally avoided foods that made them ill.

Like people witjh allergies...if you go near a dog and it makes you ill, dont go near them.

1 hour ago, David said:

For so long with gluten in their food? 

Or was intolerance always a thing like beards and ale drinking?

Nature 'thinned out the herd'.

It's quite possible that advances in modern medicine have stopped homo sapien evolution in its tracks.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Nature 'thinned out the herd'.

It's quite possible that advances in modern medicine have stopped homo sapien evolution in its tracks.

I was reading an article on c sections saying they are altering human evolution because in the past women and children who needed them would have died in child birth, they in turn pass it on to their children (the need to give birth by c section), something to do with narrow pelvises.

Of course not suggesting we let them die but it makes you think how we could be altering evolution with medical advances....i myself would probably be dead if they hadnt been able to treat asthmatics, years ago they would probably have died but now people live fairly normal lives and pass it on to their kids so we now have loads more people with illnesses which are easily treated but if those treatments were not there could be dead.

Although when i look around the number of fat buggers are probably changing evolution more. Give it 3000 years and we will all look like jabba tha hut.

13 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I was reading an article on c sections saying they are altering human evolution because in the past women and children who needed them would have died in child birth, they in turn pass it on to their children (the need to give birth by c section), something to do with narrow pelvises.

Of course not suggesting we let them die but it makes you think how we could be altering evolution with medical advances....i myself would probably be dead if they hadnt been able to treat asthmatics, years ago they would probably have died but now people live fairly normal lives and pass it on to their kids so we now have loads more people with illnesses which are easily treated but if those treatments were not there could be dead.

Although when i look around the number of fat buggers are probably changing evolution more. Give it 3000 years and we will all look like jabba tha hut.

And live in a spaceship in the outer galaxy as earth has become a wasteland...

isnt this just the plot of Wall-E?

4 minutes ago, r4derby said:

And live in a spaceship in the outer galaxy as earth has become a wasteland...

isnt this just the plot of Wall-E?

ha yeah thats true.

Archived