McClaren manager of the month - Will the curse strike?

RamsPolls

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Nevermind the curse.... after 2 narrow lucky 1-0s that kind of luck doesnt carry on.

Equally, you could argue "After two successive games where the opposition were reduced to 10 and 9 men respectively, that kind of luck doesn't carry on" - but that just doesn't fit well with your current negativity, does it?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/12/2016 at 10:46, bornandbredram94 said:

From this seasons previous Championship Manager of the Month's, and their following months form I'm going into the game in hope of a Rams victory against the Red dogs this Sunday.

Rafa Benitez (Newcastle) October Manager of the Month (MOTM)

• November form: WWLL

Alex Neil (Norwich) September MOTM

• October form: WWDLL

David Wagner (Huddersfield) August MOTM

• September form: WLWLW

From the past two championship manager of the months, the teams start the following month well, both with an opening wins. But then seem to drop off at towards the end of the month.

Huddersfield the exception managing a better following month than Newcastle and Norwich. 

I'd be happy for us to drop off a little after Notts, as long as we beat the ********! With then a steady progression back to promotion form there after :p

Up the Rams!

We've already started December though.

On Friday, December 09, 2016 at 14:32, PodgeyRam said:

November 1996 - Jim Smith wins Manager of the Month.

November 2006 - Billy Davies wins Manager of the Month.

November 2016 - Steve McClaren wins Manager of the Month.

Small sample I know, but a bit of a trend. November 2026, who will be the Derby manager that wins Manager of the Month?

Richard Keogh. You know...........like I say , remember where you heard it first. ;)

19 hours ago, eddie said:

Equally, you could argue "After two successive games where the opposition were reduced to 10 and 9 men respectively, that kind of luck doesn't carry on" - but that just doesn't fit well with your current negativity, does it?

Realist, not negative. (plus i dont tend to dwell or even remember if a player of a different team gets sent off against forest or not. I couldnt care less about them, not even in an obsessive hating way like many others)

Really hoping we can get a couple of quality loans in january, then i might change my tune.

Oh and avoid injury to Brad Johnson of course.

If we had stuck with Pearson we'd be about 22nd now. As it is we are 5th with 18 points from the last six games. Even a conceded goal or a draw will seem like a let-down over the Christmas period.

This is DCFC we're talking about.

Never mind gipsy curses over the baseball ground or let down following Manager of the month. Just enjoy the ride with Mac and Powell!??

2 hours ago, steve brummie said:

If we had stuck with Pearson we'd be about 22nd now. As it is we are 5th with 18 points from the last six games. Even a conceded goal or a draw will seem like a let-down over the Christmas period.

This is DCFC we're talking about.

Never mind gipsy curses over the baseball ground or let down following Manager of the month. Just enjoy the ride with Mac and Powell!??

Mach 2. Please fasten safety belts. We are going up. Ridiculously, second place has not gone yet. A bad run by Brighton would be required, but it has happened before. Biggest danger to Derby now is signing too many  players at Xmas and altering a squad attitude.

Baird and Pearce were supposed to be carp. They are playing like seasoned professionals. totally committed to the cause.

Johnson had 'gone' but is now the player that you do NOT want to play against. I assume that Butterfield is playing to orders. Stuart Pearce pretty much said that Maclaren is the best coach that he has ever listened to in his life.

On the opposite side of there being a Curse.

This is the first season in 20 years me and my brother havent had Season Tickets.

The last time we didnt have season tickets Derby got promoted in the penultimate season at the BBG.

We also had Macca and Chrissy Powell back then ;)

On 12/10/2016 at 16:01, eddie said:

Mystic eddie.

On 12/11/2016 at 17:17, jagerbob said:

On the opposite side of there being a Curse.

This is the first season in 20 years me and my brother havent had Season Tickets.

The last time we didnt have season tickets Derby got promoted in the penultimate season at the BBG.

We also had Macca and Chrissy Powell back then ;)

In that case, I'm sure I speak for many a Rams fan thinking "Don't get a half season pass for Christmas!"...

Archived