Omar Bogle - Signed for Wigan

David

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen him play a few times this season as my cousin plays for Grimsby also(im not saying which position though as I may curse him! :mellow:) There's no doubt he's a talented player with an eye for goal, but his attitude stinks a bit when things aren't going his way he tends to sulk a lot and become lazy. He is young though and i'm sure he will learn to get over his little mood swings! I can see him seeing the season out at Grimsby though and making a move in the summer.

47 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Hope we get him but will probably end up somewhere else and score truck loads and we'll all be like dang why we not get him

Hel move for between £1-2 million, score loads of goals and then Wel try and sign him for £10m in 18 months time. The short sightedness of our transfer policy has baffled me for years. 

18 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Hel move for between £1-2 million, score loads of goals and then Wel try and sign him for £10m in 18 months time. The short sightedness of our transfer policy has baffled me for years. 

Our board probably remember the years where Clough did sign lower league prospects that were immediately branded "non-league rubbish" by half of our fan base before they'd even pulled on a Derby shirt.

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

Our board probably remember the years where Clough did sign lower league prospects that were immediately branded "non-league rubbish" by half of our fan base before they'd even pulled on a Derby shirt.

Oh I can remember all the unecessary stick some of them took at the time. It's fairly obvious if you want proven quality you have to pay good money for it, although that doesn't necessaryly mean that player will work out for you, but I'd love us to just take a gamble on 1 or 2 players a year, that don't cost an arm and leg and if they don't work out its not going to be that much of a loss. It's so much more satisfying if you can unearth a quality player for sod all, than breaking your transfer record on one. Probably going to get more misses than hits but in the last 3 years we haven't really tried have we?

3 hours ago, Mukey said:

Seen him play a few times this season as my cousin plays for Grimsby also(im not saying which position though as I may curse him! :mellow:) There's no doubt he's a talented player with an eye for goal, but his attitude stinks a bit when things aren't going his way he tends to sulk a lot and become lazy. He is young though and i'm sure he will learn to get over his little mood swings! I can see him seeing the season out at Grimsby though and making a move in the summer.

Couldn't give a monkeys if he can score goals, has a attitude, he's lazy or the next best thing.

All I'm bothered about is how he celebrates a goal and its enthusiastic enough. We bow our body language. 

I am going to be right miso party pooper. Vydra can do all he does and a whole lot more .. What we don't have is enough positive attitude in midfied to provide the sort of service these guys need. :ph34r: 

but yep he looks great and could be a real find. 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

I am going to be right miso party pooper. Vydra can do all he does and a whole lot more .. What we don't have is enough positive attitude in midfied to provide the sort of service these guys need. :ph34r: 

but yep he looks great and could be a real find. 

Haven't see Bogle play so can only insinuate based off limited youtube clips. He certainly looks like he'd be more of a physical presence than Vydra, which might mean he is more suited to holding the ball up. Vydra's problems right now are in large part down to Vydra making a lot of poor decisions when played up front and generally not provided an option the midfield can work with. 

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Haven't see Bogle play so can only insinuate based off limited youtube clips. He certainly looks like he'd be more of a physical presence than Vydra, which might mean he is more suited to holding the ball up. Vydra's problems right now are in large part down to Vydra making a lot of poor decisions when played up front and generally not provided an option the midfield can work with. 

That's fair Brady, but we do need to see him play. I also think Vydra hasn't had much of a chance. A failing system with Pearson but he bagged a couple and then what ? 2 starts in away games and some 10 minute runs as sub. He might not be the player for a Mac system but he is good footballer with a lot of nouse and tools in the box

8 minutes ago, jono said:

That's fair Brady, but we do need to see him play. I also think Vydra hasn't had much of a chance. A failing system with Pearson but he bagged a couple and then what ? 2 starts in away games and some 10 minute runs as sub. He might not be the player for a Mac system but he is good footballer with a lot of nouse and tools in the box

I do think you're overlooking that he started the first three games under McClaren (plus the two games under Powell) and our attack looked significantly better when we decided to go with Bent instead. Personally I find Vydra very frustrating, he clearly has bags of technical ability, is lightning quick and has nice bit of flair about him but he just isn't doing what is needed of him in that role and it seriously affects our attacking ability when he plays. I do hope he comes good because I can envision him being like a championship Suarez but I have serious doubts it will happen because there is little evidence of him improving. 

One thing I'd like to add is that I'd be interested to see him tried out in one of the wide forward positions, he is a similar style of player to Russell and Wiemann (who both have been considered strikers) just with more technical ability than either of them so maybe it could work out on the left for him.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I wonder if the lower league connoisseur @Tony Le Mesmer has an opinion on this lad?

He already has :)

On 09/12/2016 at 09:55, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I also posted about him in the suggestion thread. IMO he's too inconsistent to make the step up. Has good all round play but can go periods without scoring and then have bursts of goals. A bit like a striking version of Alan Pardew.

Not got enough for where we need to be at IMO.

Kevin Van Veen from Scunny for me.

7 hours ago, Anon said:

The problem in those days was that a lower league prospect would be our marquis signing for the year hence the disillusionment if they didn't work out.

Working on the basis of replacing around 20% of a twenty five man squad every year, I'd be hoping for a model where we brought in one or two quality players at cost, and then one or two gambles from lower leagues and then a couple of promotions from the youth squad. 

Archived