Omar Bogle - Signed for Wigan

David

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a more serious note, a wee bit of research reveals that he's definitely better than League 2 Grimsby. 7 goals in the last 4 games. Whenever Grimsby score, it seems to be him, although he is the penalty taker.

Bring him in for under a million, see what he's got and sit him on the bench when one of Vydra or Bent are injured or we're rotating.

If he's the next Liam Dickinson, sell him on.

If he's decent, well then **** me we've got a promising young striker on our books for next season.

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 20:58, Carl Sagan said:

Made his case twice in the January suggestions thread. Good to see we're now being linked. One of my mates used to play for them so I'll see if I can get any extra info.

I also posted about him in the suggestion thread. IMO he's too inconsistent to make the step up. Has good all round play but can go periods without scoring and then have bursts of goals. A bit like a striking version of Alan Pardew.

Not got enough for where we need to be at IMO.

Kevin Van Veen from Scunny for me.

On 07/12/2016 at 12:11, AutoWindscreens said:

Good name. Sounds like an anagram. Contains omens for the future. Looking into the oracle I see:

Ram be logo.    (Will join Derby)

Ram boo leg.    (Will become a crowd scapegoat and suffer a leg injury)

Roam globe - obviously a journeyman.

A mob ogler - one who spends too much time watching the crowd.

3 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I also posted about him in the suggestion thread. IMO he's too inconsistent to make the step up. Has good all round play but can go periods without scoring and then have bursts of goals. A bit like a striking version of Alan Pardew.

Not got enough for where we need to be at IMO.

Kevin Van Veen from Scunny for me.

You could well be right but I do think Bogle has a lot of good attributes. I have Scunny connections so have also noted van Veen but he is a little bit older. Though Vardy was still able to make it while older. I might be wrong but I thought Bogle would still qualify for U23s. We got Vernam from Scunny who I hope will step up properly soon and in a strange story my family instigated Keegan's transfer from there to Liverpool, but thats one for my memoirs!

On 07/12/2016 at 12:11, AutoWindscreens said:

Good name. Sounds like an anagram. Contains omens for the future. Looking into the oracle I see:

Ram be logo.    (Will join Derby)

Ram boo leg.    (Will become a crowd scapegoat and suffer a leg injury)

Crowd boo him, as per. Confidence takes a dive. He ends up in the morale bog

• 2 weeks later...

Bogle played for Solihull Moors in the National League North a couple of seasons ago, the same league my home town of Worcester play in. He was a phenomenal player in that league; clearly far better than pretty much any other player in the division. Always petrified me listening to the audio commentary of Worcester v Solihull when he had the ball.

Seems he's still on the up.

Archived