Omar Bogle - Signed for Wigan

David

Can't believe it.  We're going be gazumped again by a Midlands giant, just seen this from an ITK on another board...

Indeed.
Heard a fee has been agreed, and that all being well, things will move on later this week.

On the bright side, that's on LTLF and given the poster's understanding of what an embargo means it could well be from Fawaz :ermm:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He may be a good player at that level and I'm not saying we should nt look to find up and coming players from lower leagues but I think we have to be asking the question as to whether we have young players coming through our youth system who could be making a similar impact if they were on loan at similar level clubs or getting the odd run out in the first team ,, yes I know we are fairly early into the process of really working on our acadamy that Mel has championed ( rightly so ) but I do think we have to be careful of rebounding to the position that the clough jnr policy of bringing in lower league finds is the only way and spending biggish on proven players somehow sulleys us ,, there a balance and for me at this time it's important that money spent should be spent in the main on players that are for now and pretty much agreed that all things being equal and form aside should walk into our first team ,improving us , taking us forward and exciting the fans and getting bums on seats 

35 minutes ago, archied said:

He may be a good player at that level and I'm not saying we should nt look to find up and coming players from lower leagues but I think we have to be asking the question as to whether we have young players coming through our youth system who could be making a similar impact if they were on loan at similar level clubs or getting the odd run out in the first team ,, yes I know we are fairly early into the process of really working on our acadamy that Mel has championed ( rightly so ) but I do think we have to be careful of rebounding to the position that the clough jnr policy of bringing in lower league finds is the only way and spending biggish on proven players somehow sulleys us ,, there a balance and for me at this time it's important that money spent should be spent in the main on players that are for now and pretty much agreed that all things being equal and form aside should walk into our first team ,improving us , taking us forward and exciting the fans and getting bums on seats 

I think there's a balance to this sort of thing though. If Darren Bent leaves at some point in the next 18 months or so then it would make sense to line up a replacement now rather than spend an extra five to ten million in the future ala Kodija.

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I think there's a balance to this sort of thing though. If Darren Bent leaves at some point in the next 18 months or so then it would make sense to line up a replacement now rather than spend an extra five to ten million in the future ala Kodija.

Is there a striker in our youth set up that could be out on loan making waves ? Is there a striker in our youth team that could be being groomed for when bent goes ? I honestly don't know enough about our young players to say but it's a question that needs asking first when we are looking at young players making waves at a lower level

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Sky reporting that Wigan bid£850,000 going upto £1million. Seems like we've moved on but could have been a gamble for the future worth taking at that price (maybe even loaning him back for rest of the season)

All's not lost, we'll be making a £7mil bid next January to Wigan on the basis of a successful half season by Bogle :cool: 

20 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

Bringer of bad news

Why is it bad news?

The fact is, it's yet another player that we never bid for, and therefore we didn't sign him.

Archived