Jordan Rhodes - Signed for Sheff Wed

Animal is a Ram

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Goalscorers who dont contribute apart from put away a cross are a dieing breed.

We dont all play 4-4-2 with wingers crossing hopeful balls into the box now do we?

i thought it was a strange one when Boro spend so much on him, wasnt surprised at all to see him getting no game time at all in the premiership.

Rhodes has huge resale value, and he scored five goals in their last eight games, contributing to seven points, and without those Boro would have missed out on an automatic promotion spot. 

They signed him for around £10m and with his track record, they will probably be able to generate that if there is the interest. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, there is no interest. Karanka has said so himself.

Sounds like an agent trying to drum up some interest.

I would personally like to see us have nothing to do with this player.  We've already got a goalscorer who doesn't really fit the system.

I think it will be us who sign him (Norwich). Fairly certain he was set to join us on deadline day but the move fell through because Naismith rejected Sunderland on the same day. Lafferty was set to leave but then had to stay.

But you know the Daily Mail have just completely made up the story when they link him to Villa, a striker is literally the one thing they don't need :lol:

Oh look a lower Premier League player who isn't getting any football, lets just link him to 5 of the only 6 Championship clubs who can afford him and then we've got an 83% chance of being correct :sleep:

2 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

I think it will be us who sign him (Norwich). Fairly certain he was set to join us on deadline day but the move fell through because Naismith rejected Sunderland on the same day. Lafferty was set to leave but then had to stay.

But you know the Daily Mail have just completely made up the story when they link him to Villa, a striker is literally the one thing they don't need :lol:

Oh look a lower Premier League player who isn't getting any football, lets just link him to 5 of the only 6 Championship clubs who can afford him and then we've got an 83% chance of being correct :sleep:

Just FYI, players often get linked (wrongly) to Aston Villa because they generate A LOT of online hits, as they have a huge online fanbase, larger than any team in the Championship. Not sure why, but they just do. 

If websites need clicks to make money (which DM definitely do) they'll link everyone under the sun to teams with fans who are click-mad. 

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Just FYI, players often get linked (wrongly) to Aston Villa because they generate A LOT of online hits, as they have a huge online fanbase, larger than any team in the Championship. Not sure why, but they just do. 

If websites need clicks to make money (which DM definitely do) they'll link everyone under the sun to teams with fans who are click-mad. 

Let's face it - not much else to do in Brum.

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

if you don't want Rhodes, that's fine, but STOP talking as if any of the potential money being spent is your own.

Some people live their internet lives vicariously as Mel. They'll be justifying the lack of sausages at Moor Farm next.

12 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Norwich - 'chute payments, need to upgrade on Cameron Jerome, but would he fit your system, @NorwichLad?

He's not the obvious fit because we are supposed to play that sort of fluid system where the striker presses and works the channels and drops deep and all that stuff, whereas Rhodes is just a pretty stationary target man who needs the ball to land on his head / at his feet.

But having lost 6 in a row before our win the other day, so shouldn't be adverse to adapting things a bit. 

Also, all of the strikers to achieve legendary status at Norwich seem to be target men. Iwan Roberts, Grant Holt, Chris Sutton, so I think he'd fit in quite well with the 'fabric' of the club, the fans will take to him.

And he grew up in Suffolk and came through at Ipswich, so not like he's going to come here and then moan about the nightlife. unlike Henri Lansbury came here on loan and uttered the immortal words: "The best thing about Norwich is the road leading to London" :lol:

2 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

As others have said: would have him on loan till may, then we get Martin back. Could even do a swap for vydra who at 8million is not looking a great purchase at the moment. 

If Rhodes and Nugent can't get a game at Middlesbrough, why on earth would they want to swap him for a striker who hasn't even performed in the Championship for two seasons :lol:

I mean seriously, I don't want to slag off your players, but why on earth would they swap Rhodes for Vydra, what's he going to do in the Premier League :blink: 

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

No no no. We are crushing every team don't rock the boat - no new signings except that Peterson chappie sounds ok. 

Who remembers the last time we had a bad start then grafted our way to 4th by Christmas before shaking things up. What a lovely time that was. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can't believe I'm about to say this...here goes.

Maybe Blackman could be like a new signing and if McClaren gets him used to the way he likes to play he may thrive. We like to use pace to attack and Blackman could be our man.

I need a lie down.

You could be on to something there's a player in there somewhere hopefully Mac can find him. If he can get Baird playing like a world beater any things possible. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can't believe I'm about to say this...here goes.

Maybe Blackman could be like a new signing and if McClaren gets him used to the way he likes to play he may thrive. We like to use pace to attack and Blackman could be our man.

I need a lie down.

I like Blackman anyway... (dives for cover)

(waves flag above the parapet...)

Plus... Smacca has shown over 2 separate periods with us he can get an extra 20% out of players...

Archived