Jordan Rhodes - Signed for Sheff Wed

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Could Jordan Rhodes do well in this team?

I'm not so sure.

Don't think so and I'd avoid this player anyway. Would Matty Taylor fit in this system and to do well? 

I haven't watched Rhodes enough to judge but we don't want players who are just finishers. The Mac system calls for a more gifted adaptable type of player. Real footballers who can use the ball at their feet intelligently. Cogs in a wheel not a centre punch. Can Rhodes do that ? 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Forestieri could be brilliant in this system, apart from his attitude. 

He would be perfect fit for our style.

The going on strike incident aside I know that his atitude to training is supposed to be top notch.

Him and Ince either side of the striker would be pretty good.

Forestieri has been too inconsistent to be worth the price we'd have to pay out. Too much fantasy football going on. You can't just buy a player who scores and throw him in expecting him to replicate it.

This is where statistical data lets us down. Why do these players score? We can't just look at goals scored and transplant that into the team. He mainly plays up front as a full striker for Wednesday and bags goals on their counter attacks. His record on the wing is not great. If you put him up front alone in our system he's not going to have much hold up play to him. 

You could put Usain Bolts legs on a tortoise and it still wouldn't make him a world class sprinter. Would be another Nick Blackman for me.

Archived