Split thumb ends

Boycie

Any workers out there with split skin on the end of your thumbs? (Obviously not Daveo)

the cold weather causes it, sore as foooook. Keep catching it and it opens up a bit more and bleeds.

Its making me wince like a girl.

any advice from the real men out there? 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real men?  That's me then...

1) Wear nice thick gloves ( make sure they match your gilet though).

2) Moisturise well..especially important after long bath with candles. 

3) Get your wife to do it...you're too busy ironing and cleaning to be outside anyway.

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Real men?  That's me then...

1) Wear nice thick gloves ( make sure they match your gilet though).

2) Moisturise well..especially important after long bath with candles. 

3) Get your wife to do it...you're too busy ironing and cleaning to be outside anyway.

Move alone Nancy! This is for real men!

Vaseline ... Very good ... Discovered by accident by oil workers in Alaska .. Petroleum jelly. Worked so well they made the product we all know so well. Has other uses as well so I'm told. 

And if you ever cut yourself and it's a bit deep I always put honey under the plaster. Kills bacteria, it doesn't sting and somehow it always seems to heal quicker 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Any workers out there with split skin on the end of your thumbs? (Obviously not Daveo)

the cold weather causes it, sore as foooook. Keep catching it and it opens up a bit more and bleeds.

Its making me wince like a girl.

any advice from the real men out there? 

Only go out when it's warm?

20 minutes ago, jono said:

Vaseline ... Very good ... Discovered by accident by oil workers in Alaska .. Petroleum jelly. Worked so well they made the product we all know so well. Has other uses as well so I'm told. 

And if you ever cut yourself and it's a bit deep I always put honey under the plaster. Kills bacteria, it doesn't sting and somehow it always seems to heal quicker 

Maybe that's where B4 got his idea about throwing bees. He wants us all to get better.

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

Was going to post the same thing. This is the best stuff. A guy in a Glasgow pub also advised the Snowfire stick

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Snowfire-2163343-18g-Ointment-Stick/dp/B001RYOOPA

But having tried both - the Working Hands one is way better.

20 minutes ago, Joe. said:

super glue them shut makes it less easy to catch them

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Not a bad idea tbh

That is what the hospital would do, super glue was originally developed for quickly closing battlefield wounds in Vietnam.

Archived