Stephen Bloomer Cap Collection comprising 19 caps (

loweman2

The Stephen Bloomer (1874-1938) Football International Cap Collection comprising 19 caps (16 full international caps and 3 trial caps). To be sold with a portrait of Stephen Bloomer by Clair BAKER (b.1953), oil on canvas, Signed, Framed, 50" x 36" (125.8cm x 90.5cm) & various framed black photographic prints, Note: The caps in hand cut velvet with gold and silver wirework embroidery by milliners M. Hand & Co. Master gold and silver Lacemen. The caps mounted on conservation museum standard mounts and supports, in glazed box frames with conservation museum standard glass UV light, Provenance: By descent through the Bloomer family, and sold by Christies Glasgow 1994 to the current vendors, His career in Brief: Bloomer was a prolific goal scorer for both club and country. Appearing in 536 First Division games, he scored 317 goals, making him the second-highest goal scorer in English top-flight football. He scored 28 goals in 23 appearances for England, and scored in all his first 10 internationals which remains a national record for the number of consecutive scoring appearances. He is listed in the Football League '100 Legends' and English Football Hall of Fame. He is considered by many experts to be the first goal-scoring football superstar. His career included Derby Midland (1891), Derby County (1891-1906),[375 appearances, 238 goals] Middlesborough (1906-1910) [125 appearances, 59 goals] Derby County (1910-1914) [98 appearances, 23 goals]. National Team (England) [23 appearances, 28 goals]. Coaching Career: after retiring as a player, Bloomer went to Germany to coach. Three weeks after arriving, WWI broke out and he was interned in a civilian detention camp. After the war he coached in the Netherlands and Spain before returning to the UK.

Estimate: 500,000 GBP - 1,250,000 GBPBuyers Premium: 20.50%

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/w-h-lane-and-son/catalogue-id-srwh10016/lot-7245b4f2-c161-499d-892d-a6d00100dcae

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

The Stephen Bloomer (1874-1938) Football International Cap Collection comprising 19 caps (16 full international caps and 3 trial caps). To be sold with a portrait of Stephen Bloomer by Clair BAKER (b.1953), oil on canvas, Signed, Framed, 50" x 36" (125.8cm x 90.5cm) & various framed black photographic prints, Note: The caps in hand cut velvet with gold and silver wirework embroidery by milliners M. Hand & Co. Master gold and silver Lacemen. The caps mounted on conservation museum standard mounts and supports, in glazed box frames with conservation museum standard glass UV light, Provenance: By descent through the Bloomer family, and sold by Christies Glasgow 1994 to the current vendors, His career in Brief: Bloomer was a prolific goal scorer for both club and country. Appearing in 536 First Division games, he scored 317 goals, making him the second-highest goal scorer in English top-flight football. He scored 28 goals in 23 appearances for England, and scored in all his first 10 internationals which remains a national record for the number of consecutive scoring appearances. He is listed in the Football League '100 Legends' and English Football Hall of Fame. He is considered by many experts to be the first goal-scoring football superstar. His career included Derby Midland (1891), Derby County (1891-1906),[375 appearances, 238 goals] Middlesborough (1906-1910) [125 appearances, 59 goals] Derby County (1910-1914) [98 appearances, 23 goals]. National Team (England) [23 appearances, 28 goals]. Coaching Career: after retiring as a player, Bloomer went to Germany to coach. Three weeks after arriving, WWI broke out and he was interned in a civilian detention camp. After the war he coached in the Netherlands and Spain before returning to the UK.

Estimate: 500,000 GBP - 1,250,000 GBPBuyers Premium: 20.50%

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/w-h-lane-and-son/catalogue-id-srwh10016/lot-7245b4f2-c161-499d-892d-a6d00100dcae

Memo to Morris

I hope DCFC buy em. Would be good if we had a 'museum' type installation somewhere at the ground which could be incorporated into stadium tours. All that stuff that was at the Quad could maybe be added over time too. 

If id accrued a bit more OT this month then I'd buy them myself but what with Xmas and away game commitments, then I'm a few quid shy of the anticipated asking price.

43 minutes ago, Boycie said:

There's plenty of room to build above the turnstiles on the east stand side. Next time you go through look up and there's horizontal girders that could be built on.

it'd make a nice feature museum/coffee bar type thing.

Surely it'll be the focal point of the Plaza...

4 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I hope DCFC buy em. Would be good if we had a 'museum' type installation somewhere at the ground which could be incorporated into stadium tours. All that stuff that was at the Quad could maybe be added over time too. 

If id accrued a bit more OT this month then I'd buy them myself but what with Xmas and away game commitments, then I'm a few quid shy of the anticipated asking price.

Hear! Hear! A priceless collection that ought to be at Pride Park...perhaps the Club could buy and charge a small fee to visitors to see ....

Lovely sounding product but I think they're trying it on with that estimate. Something's worth what people will pay for it and Bloomer is mainly associated with DCFC, so this is likely to go to a fan and collector. Outside Derby Bloomer won't have much recognition and kudos. Love it if they become part of a DCFC museum, and I'd loan some of my stuff too, but they're having a laugh at half a million quid. A tenth of that maybe. But only maybe.

2 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I think there's some mileage in a Rams museum / permanent exhibition at PP. Some innovative design and production could really showcase the Rams history and achievements.

If I am being brutally honest, it wouldn't need to be a large museum to show case our achievements: 1 FA Cup and 2 First Division Titles over 128 years.  Oh and a Watneys Cup and a Texaco Cup

9 minutes ago, Roger_Ramjet said:

If I am being brutally honest, it wouldn't need to be a large museum to show case our achievements: 1 FA Cup and 2 First Division Titles over 128 years.  Oh and a Watneys Cup and a Texaco Cup

Charity Shield!

And several Bass Vases and Brian Clough Trophies.

10 minutes ago, Roger_Ramjet said:

It isn't all about the trophies though. it's about the history of the club. 

15 minutes ago, Roger_Ramjet said:

I get that but a permanent installation is possible. The history and story of DCFC is more then enough never mind the (few yet noteworthy) trophies I reckon

Archived