Christmas

MuespachRam

I think there is a major problem with something you anticipate too much...

The sequel to a film you just loved..or the massive night out you've been planning for ages...or the holiday you've saved for years to go on. With expectations so high it's always going to fall short isn't it?

Isn't the little undiscovered film you just happened to catch..? Or the lunch time drink that turned into an all-day session or the day out where the sun suddenly came out and you went for an impromptu meal as the sun set...?

Xmas is great for kids..but I personally prefer the little every day pleasures ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Is it weird to send Christmas cards to your doctors surgery and dentists too does anyone think? Been in and out of both regularly this year and thought it might be a good gesture .

Does anyone else do this or even would they?

Nice idea, stick your NHS number on though so they have some idea who you are!

Always  look forward to Christmas . especially the time of from work and spending time with loved ones. last year I lost my eldest brother Allan at 4.00 am Christmas  morning .  Allan  had non hodgkins lymphoma. then in august my brother  in law died from a heart attack. life can seem cruel at time. this Christmas  there will lots of happiness and lots of tears. life goes on and we all need to make the most of our time spent with loved ones.

On 13/12/2016 at 22:09, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Is it weird to send Christmas cards to your doctors surgery and dentists too does anyone think? Been in and out of both regularly this year and thought it might be a good gesture .

Does anyone else do this or even would they?

I gave a box of chocolates to my Dentist before they started to work on my gob

This probably belongs in the 'Random stuff that annoys me thread' but I don't understand people who pretend to hate Christmas for ages but then become like everyone else when it's actually the day of. I understand those who don't celebrate it or don't have family or friends to celebrate with, but the people who complain about 'having to suffer' seeing all the family again.

Come off it. You love it.

On 12/15/2016 at 11:17, BarrowRam said:

Always  look forward to Christmas . especially the time of from work and spending time with loved ones. last year I lost my eldest brother Allan at 4.00 am Christmas  morning .  Allan  had non hodgkins lymphoma. then in august my brother  in law died from a heart attack. life can seem cruel at time. this Christmas  there will lots of happiness and lots of tears. life goes on and we all need to make the most of our time spent with loved ones.

We lost my father-in-law 25 years ago on Christmas morning, completely out of the blue. He baby sat for us Christmas eve, we were home for around 23:00, we had a cuppa with him, said see you in the morning to see the kids with the presents and he went home and died in his sleep at the age of 50!

Every Christmas has been tinged with sadness, but it is also an opportunity to remember and raise a glass to him.

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 22:38, reveldevil said:

Nice idea, stick your NHS number on though so they have some idea who you are!

Or your symptoms.

21 hours ago, Ewetube said:

We lost my father-in-law 25 years ago on Christmas morning, completely out of the blue. He baby sat for us Christmas eve, we were home for around 23:00, we had a cuppa with him, said see you in the morning to see the kids with the presents and he went home and died in his sleep at the age of 50!

Every Christmas has been tinged with sadness, but it is also an opportunity to remember and raise a glass to him.

So sorry to hear about your loss. It doesn't matter how long ago you have lost love ones it still hurts. I'll  be thinking  of you and your family on Christmas day. All the best to you and your family.

44 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

So sorry to hear about your loss. It doesn't matter how long ago you have lost love ones it still hurts. I'll  be thinking  of you and your family on Christmas day. All the best to you and your family.

I second BarrowRams comments. Lost a junior school classmate around this time. There was a fire at his home and he lost his life along with a brother.

1 hour ago, BarrowRam said:

32 minutes ago, TimRam said:

I second BarrowRams comments. Lost a junior school classmate around this time. There was a fire at his home and he lost his life along with a brother.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and obviously my very best wishes to you and yours!

Time, as they say, is a great healer. At one time Christmas was quite a sombre affair, It has a much more celebratory feeling to it nowadays though; we can all reminisce, have a laugh and raise a glass, probably look at some old photos or videos.

So for anyone who has lost someone they love, you have my best wishes and while you will never forget them, it will eventually get far less painful to remember them.

Archived