Christmas

MuespachRam

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Excited.?

tree up?

Not yet, will be soon but still a fortnight off that.  I love the week or so after Boxing Day of just spending time with the wife and boy, watching old Midsummer Murders, World's Strongest Man and playing computer games.

Again not yet.  We normally get a real tree so leave it until a fortnight before.

18 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Is your username also your job title?

No but it was the job I wanted to do when I was young. I dreamt about having all summer off. 

I worked with a chap who drove a gritting lorry. He told me he once did his route in record time and got back to the yard. looked at his vehicle and notice he hadn't turned the spreader on and had to go around again.

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

No but it was the job I wanted to do when I was young. I dreamt about having all summer off. 

I worked with a chap who drove a gritting lorry. He told me he once did his route in record time and got back to the yard. looked at his vehicle and notice he hadn't turned the spreader on and had to go around again.

You need more ambition.  Santa only works one day a year.

Tree up 2 days ago. Christmas for me is about the sport really. The festivities take secondary billing. Yes I can get absolutely hammered in the name of seasonal joviality but I do that most nights anyway.

Seeing the kid opening presents, being left alone with the sport ( not the newspaper version :huh:) and not having to do family visits are what it's all about for me. Also walking rescue dogs on Christmas day at a shelter.

Boxing day is my Christmas.

26 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Finished putting the tree up this afternoon. 

Cant wait....my son is coming over this year for a sunshine Christmas, getting the family together is the best. 

It's what Christmas is all about. 

1st December is the big switch on for us....

I am always excited about Christmas.

Putting my tree up on Monday at my house, and helping put up the one at work on Tuesday.The one at work is enormous and takes a while to put up,  but is an awesome sight when done.

Besides the toy drives I run and similar things I normally do during Christmas, I am also this year helping out with a local production of A Christmas Carol.Not acting lol, but helping with props and other things.

And of course being with family makes it all the more special, especially family I don't see that all that often due to distance.

Archived