Child of the....?

Chester40

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

60's although I sneak in to the 50's on a DOB basis

Supercar / Fireball XL5 / Thundebirds

Beatles / Four Tops / Shirelles / Supremes / Monkeys / Dusty Springfield / Petula Clarke

Avengers / Michael Caine / Sophia Loren / Man from uncle / Batman and Robin / The Goons,  Peter Cook and Dudley Moore / double your money and the golden shot. 

World Cup / Bob Beaman Mexico olympics / Jim Clarke, Jackie Stewart, Pedro Rodriguez and Grandad with a football pink watching the wrestling on a Saturday. 

first plane flight was on a 4 engined prop plane and remember the miracle of colour telly. 

Dream cars were Jaguar E types / Aston DB5 / 275 GTB Ferrari / GT40 

frost on the inside of your bedroom window and bin men who carried bins to the wagon and sadistic PE teachers 

Frog spawn, Rice pudding, school custard, freezing seaside holidays but somehow they were fun.  Fish and chips in real newspaper. Adjusting a sturmey archer 3 speed gear hub and really wanting a 5 speed derailleur with drop handles like the kid next door had. 

dave mackay, les green, kevin hector, willie carlin, colin todd, charlie george, the sweeney, slade, t rex, motown, soul, shoot magazine, black jacks, flares, archie gemmill, bruce rioch, gerry daly, steel pulse, the stranglers, punk rock.....

i can't remember which decade it was.

70s for me...

Flares.

Platform shoes.

Wizzard.

Pans People.

Magic Roundabout 

Lost in space

Land of the giants

Champions

Winning at Wembley

Supertramp

Jumbo collars on shirts.

Long hair.

That paddle tennis computer game (still love it)

T-Rex

Xmas telly

Morcombe & Wise

My nan doing me snacks when I got in and always saying 'he's a good boy really' no matter how much trouble I was in.. Miss ya Nan RIP.

Born in 61 but the 60s passed me by.. Can't remember much about them.

Bag puss, finger bobs, pipkins, that thing with windy miller in it and the other one with the firemen and train driver. Tiswas, tom and Jerry and bugs bunny.

Bobby Davison, Archie Gemmill, Kevin Wilson, Mick Brolly.

The football was pretty bad in the early 80's but some highlights were beating Forest 2 - 0 in the FA cup a mass pitch invasion against Fulham when we avoided relegation . Football hooligans turning into organised firms.

2 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

$_1.JPG

@jono That's the kind of thing I meant, if you didn't hang one of these from your drivers window, the patrolling old bill would nick you.

Vaguely familiar but never remember seeing them used. Our art Teacher had an old Minor 1000 with semaphore indicators though which were funny even then !

5 minutes ago, jono said:

Vaguely familiar but never remember seeing them used. Our art Teacher had an old Minor 1000 with semaphore indicators though which were funny even then !

I remember them in Parliament Street, they were law around 67/68. It's just something I remember from having kickabouts in the street as a youngster.

Born in 1960

England winning the World Cup on the day of me dad's birthday, 30th July, I was 6 and can't actually remember the game and the celebrations other than dad and uncles being very drunk and stupid...

Celtic and Manchester United winning the European Cup and me being Jimmy Johnstone and George Best in the school playgrounds afterwards.

Christmas parties at the old British Rail canteen next to the station. Tables full of food and daft entertainment, clutching prezzies on the way home

Derby County, Brian Clough, 40,000 crammed into the Baseball Ground, Kevin Hector, Dave Mackay, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool not being as good as us

Playing out until it was dark then moving the goal posts closer to the streetlights to get an extra half hour before being dragged in by the ear by yer mum

Building bonfires

Building dens

Playing in building sites

Nearly getting killed by riding home made go-karts down the hill on the estate

Child of the late 60's really....

5 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

70s for me...

Flares.

Platform shoes.

Wizzard.

Pans People.

Magic Roundabout 

Lost in space

Land of the giants

Champions

Winning at Wembley

Supertramp

Jumbo collars on shirts.

Long hair.

That paddle tennis computer game (still love it)

T-Rex

Xmas telly

Morcombe & Wise

My nan doing me snacks when I got in and always saying 'he's a good boy really' no matter how much trouble I was in.. Miss ya Nan RIP.

Born in 61 but the 60s passed me by.. Can't remember much about them.

Add to that Space 1999 and Captain Scarlet. Showaddywaddy.  David Bowie. Holidays in Chapel-st-Leonard's or at Butlins in Skegness. Seeing the film "Tommy" at Willington Power Station social club on their Thursday film night.

Archived