Nico Rosberg Retires

David

I don't think 6 wheel cars ever made it to the grid?

An experiment that never happened, although enough were built that they display them on track days etc.

I've bought the missus a trip to the Hungarian GP for Christmas, 3 nights hotel, flights and decent tickets for less than Silverstone want for anything remotely similar!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I don't think 6 wheel cars ever made it to the grid?

An experiment that never happened, although enough were built that they display them on track days etc.

I've bought the missus a trip to the Hungarian GP for Christmas, 3 nights hotel, flights and decent tickets for less than Silverstone want for anything remotely similar!

The 6 wheeler that never made it to the grid was the March 2-4-0, which had two wheels at the front and four at the back. But the Tyrell P34 which had four at the front and two at the back, the blue Elf car mentioned earlier in the thread, definitely did start a race - in fact it won a Grand Prix in the mid 70s. Those things were mad. Wish I was around in the days when F1 was genuinely innovative...

You'll have an awesome trip, Budapest is an incredible city and the beer is so cheap it's a joke. Very hot at that time of year as well.

Never understood why people fork out hundreds of pounds to watch a Grand Prix in a windy Northamptonshire car park when you could do half the Grand Prix on the calendar on a tighter budget. Budapest, Monza, Spa....or Silverstone? No contest.

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

good,hes better than a few think...

5 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I'm not too sure about that.. Will see in March onwards. 

Im not sure either about him either, to be honest I think the WIlliams of a couple seasons back was a fine car and neither bottas or massa did it justice.

19 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Im not sure either about him either, to be honest I think the WIlliams of a couple seasons back was a fine car and neither bottas or massa did it justice.

it will be interesting to see how he matches up against hamilton and how he handles his mind games/mardyness.

i think he will give him a run for his money and wont take much crap...

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

it will be interesting to see how he matches up against hamilton and how he handles his mind games/mardyness.

i think he will give him a run for his money and wont take much crap...

Well he may surprise me but I honestly think if the Mercedes is the dominant car Hamilton will have it wrapped up with 4 or 5 races left.

Archived