Nico Rosberg Retires

Day

Nico is smart, just like his father. He wanted to win the championship and now he has done it he can retire and concentrate on his family and business deals. I believe he will continue to work with racing in some capacity at some point too.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/12/2016 at 01:15, Duracell said:

No, the point of a thread is to discuss a particular topic.

The thread title is "Nico Rosberg Retires." Not a debate on the state of F1 over the past 20 years, or a poll on who likes the sport and who doesn't.

I have absolutely no problem with people liking different things. But don't you think it would be annoying if someone came on every thread daily in Rams Talk and told everyone how they thought football was a waste of time? Is that the point of this forum?

You are so wrong there, this forum's entire reputation is down to the fact that all topics deviate, I bet you brexit gets dragged up in this at some point, if not Trump or some other random topic.

I would be disappointed if a thread didn't deviate.

On 05/12/2016 at 09:15, McRamFan said:

You are so wrong there, this forum's entire reputation is down to the fact that all topics deviate, I bet you brexit gets dragged up in this at some point, if not Trump or some other random topic.

I would be disappointed if a thread didn't deviate.

Totally agree, can't believe there might be a shortage of Brussels this Christmas.

On 03/12/2016 at 08:14, Boycie said:

I remember staying up and watching Mansell have a blow out in Melbourne, final race.

Them were the days, free sport on tv, boxing too with Mike Tyson v Our Frank.

i vaguely remember a blue elf car with with 6 wheels? Or am I confused as a baby raccoon?

There was a blue elf car with 6 wheels

but I think Tyson v Bruno was on Sky, I listened on a radio I think.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

It was, it was like there first big event.

4 hours ago, davenportram said:

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

It was, it was like there first big event.

The first bout? 

I'll bare my butt cheeks if it was.

On 12/3/2016 at 08:14, Boycie said:

I remember staying up and watching Mansell have a blow out in Melbourne, final race.

Them were the days, free sport on tv, boxing too with Mike Tyson v Our Frank.

i vaguely remember a blue elf car with with 6 wheels? Or am I confused as a baby raccoon?

A Tyrrell P34 circa 1976 / 77. I am pretty sure it actually won a race.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Looks like bottas will replace rosberg...may I be the first to congratulate lewis Hamilton on his 2017 championship triumph

Whilst I agree that Bottas is unlikely to provide strong competition for Hamilton the rules change next year putting a much greater emphasis on aero efficiency as opposed to engine power. The Red Bulls, with Newey as designer, will be strong and have 2 drivers who are least the equal of Hamilton - not a foregone conclusion.

19 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Whilst I agree that Bottas is unlikely to provide strong competition for Hamilton the rules change next year putting a much greater emphasis on aero efficiency as opposed to engine power. The Red Bulls, with Newey as designer, will be strong and have 2 drivers who are least the equal of Hamilton - not a foregone conclusion.

i do hope you are right.

On 15 December 2016 at 20:16, Paul71 said:

Looks like bottas will replace rosberg...may I be the first to congratulate lewis Hamilton on his 2017 championship triumph

Yes and Massa to drive for Williams again for one more year. This will apparently confirmed in the New Year. 

Archived