Nico Rosberg Retires

David

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not bow out on a high? He's unlikely to have the odds so heavily stacked in favour of him against Lewis again, and next year with the new rules Mercedes might not even have the fastest car. Be interesting to see if this is a complete retirement from the sport though, or if he's just quitting F1.

The two Mercedes junior drivers are Wehrlein and Ocon. Ocon signed for Force India last month, so Wehrlein is probably in pole position now...

Think last year totally exhausted him, a few snippets on the Beeb say it all, "he climbed his mountain", read beat his nemesis!

You can debate his victory year forever, Hamilton clearly had issues and races harder most of the time; it would be hard to repeat, so why not quit at the top. Clearly caught a few by surprise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38185846

Rosberg is class, however the British press portray him. 

12 minutes ago, rynny said:

I dont watch f1 but I keep a look out for McLaren as I have a friend who is a pit crew member for them. We used to have season ticket together a few years ago.

Used to? Did he stop going when the wheels came off?

3 hours ago, Duracell said:

Not sure there's another sport where so many people come onto the thread to tell us how wrong the fans are for enjoying it.

Don't comment if you don't like it. It'll do wonder for your blood pressure.

I'm sure that's the whole point of a discussion board . If we all liked the same thing the world would be a boring place .

4 hours ago, RicME85 said:

F1 isnt the best but it certainly isnt unwatchable tosh nor ****. The mid 2000's were dull and the 2009 reg changes fixed a lot of it. There is still issues, but hopefully the 2017 regs fix some of them.

F1 died when Jim Clark did.

It's now a race between engineers.

3 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I'm sure that's the whole point of a discussion board . If we all liked the same thing the world would be a boring place .

No, the point of a thread is to discuss a particular topic.

The thread title is "Nico Rosberg Retires." Not a debate on the state of F1 over the past 20 years, or a poll on who likes the sport and who doesn't.

I have absolutely no problem with people liking different things. But don't you think it would be annoying if someone came on every thread daily in Rams Talk and told everyone how they thought football was a waste of time? Is that the point of this forum?

I remember staying up and watching Mansell have a blow out in Melbourne, final race.

Them were the days, free sport on tv, boxing too with Mike Tyson v Our Frank.

i vaguely remember a blue elf car with with 6 wheels? Or am I confused as a baby raccoon?

Archived