Mitchell

DEL

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

To be fair I think he has to say that, can you imagine our GK coach saying that a player who is currently out on loan and the chances of him leaving soon are very high is still our number 2 over a young prospect who is still with the club?

I'm not sure he does have to say that unless either he believes him a better 'keeper than Grant or that he believes Grant isn't coming back so the club has essentially moved on from him. Either way I thought it was an interesting glimpse behind the DCFC curtain.

I'm sure we're all well aware that he's offski but if we were judging Mitchell vs Grant as to who is our 'second keeper' standards wise then Grant is leagues ahead of Mitchell (lovely pun, that). 

He has a long way to go to be considered for a starting place with us, though he certainly looks like he'll have a professional career in the game even at this stage. We need an actual backup goalkeeper (not the undying Chris Weale, a man who lacks any mobility unless in front of a Wok in Intu apparently) and to get Mitchell out on loan.

It's always a criminal waste to have a young backup goalkeeper, they should be playing at all costs. Grab Shay Given in the Grant deal, that'd be fine for six months and repeat. 

Archived