Mitchell

DEL

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Be good to see him go out on loan and get a regular run of games for someone. Obviously just have the recall option incase anything happens to carson  

Have to disagree. That would leave Wheal on our bench, and in the event of an injury to Carson I would much prefer to have Mitchell coming on to replace him.

Just now, RamuelLJackson said:

Interesting that he's now displaced Grant officially as the second best 'keeper at the club.

I think that is a little harsh on Grant, they are both at different stages of their careers, Mitchell is at the stage where he needs to be pushing for the start and being back up to Carson will not do him any harm. Grant on the other hand is at the stage where he needs to be playing. Out of the 2 Grant is the better keeper but from a club point of view it suits to have Mitchell on the bench, lower wages and a better long term replacement.

4 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Have to disagree. That would leave Wheal on our bench, and in the event of an injury to Carson I would much prefer to have Mitchell coming on to replace him.

I agree i dont rate Wheal but of we can recall mitchell whenever we want It would leave wheal on the pitch for however many mins remain in one game following an injury to Carson. It could be 89mins if carson gets injured in the first min or it could be the last 5 mins. 

We recalled Mitchell from Luton following an injury to grant. Just think a run of first team games in the division below could be beneficial to his progress 

9 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I agree i dont rate Wheal but of we can recall mitchell whenever we want It would leave wheal on the pitch for however many mins remain in one game following an injury to Carson. It could be 89mins if carson gets injured in the first min or it could be the last 5 mins. 

We recalled Mitchell from Luton following an injury to grant. Just think a run of first team games in the division below could be beneficial to his progress 

It has changed due to the emergency loans being banned by Fifa. Loans now have to go from transfer window to transfer window.

Archived