Hearts Raid

Cam the Ram

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Haven't got stats for you but I've got the opinions of Hearts fans which should shed some light on them. This is a summary of what they're saying on their forums:

Paterson:

Good player but they're resigned to him leaving due to his contract expiring. They keep throwing a figure around about a guaranteed 450k regardless of when he leaves (I assume due to him being under 23). One fan suggested he's the only player of the four mentioned who could make the step up. Very good going forward, good in the air, dangerous long throw, but question marks surrounding his defending.

Souttar:

They're saying his value will only increase as he's still only 20. Despite his age he's been a first team regular for 3 or 4 years now with Hearts and before that Dundee United. Still a little green in areas but he's getting better with every game.

Johnson:

They're surprised of our interest as he's only just signed for them following a bit of a dispute over his previous contract at CSKA Sofia. 4 goals in 13 league games this season, but only 6 were starts.

Walker:

They seem most afraid of losing Walker and think he'd be difficult to replace. He's their top scorer and can play on the wings or behind the striker (I think). 

Interesting stuff. Clearly very young blood. Obviously looking to tap into potential with these lads. They do tend to blood them very young North of the border ... Christian Daily for example. 

I'll watch this space!

3 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Interesting stuff. Clearly very young blood. Obviously looking to tap into potential with these lads. They do tend to blood them very young North of the border ... Christian Daily for example. 

I'll watch this space!

Yeah Souttar 20, Paterson 22 and Walker 23. Johnsen is the strange 1, he's 25, only just signed for them, struggling to nail down a regular spot for Hearts and doesn't have the greatest scoring record throughout his career (only reached double figures twice and both were in lower leagues), but he is 6 ft 5 so he'd offer something different to what we currently have.

26 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah Souttar 20, Paterson 22 and Walker 23. Johnsen is the strange 1, he's 25, only just signed for them, struggling to nail down a regular spot for Hearts and doesn't have the greatest scoring record throughout his career (only reached double figures twice and both were in lower leagues), but he is 6 ft 5 so he'd offer something different to what we currently have.

Will have to some research ... would have thought there'd be more viable options out there than this guy Johnsen if we want to bring in a 'big man' as a 'Plan B' ... CSKA Sofia is hardly the zenith of European football ... seems as though he's been struggling. 

47 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I like the idea of signing for the future, but it depends what position we're in come Jan. Experience over youth if in a good one! 

RB got to be the one we looking at. Agreed with experience bit SDSR. 

On 12/2/2016 at 11:47, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I like the idea of signing for the future, but it depends what position we're in come Jan. Experience over youth if in a good one! 

Worst thing that we could do is to  buy players who lack the motivation to give 100% to get us promotion or who think that they should be in the team regardless.

Archived