Marc Pugh

King Kevin

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

He is in no way better than what we have in my opinion so a no from me

Really? Stats for 2013/14 and 2014/15 show differently I think. A good championship player. 

7 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

He played inside quite a lot for Bournemouth rather than being an out and out winger. 

He's a very good player and would undoubtedly improve the squad.  

It doesn't matter how many players we already have in a position,  if someone better is available then why not consider him?  

I see what you mean, but I just don't buy the fact he's noticeably better than any of Russell, Weimann, Anya, Blackman or Camara. Is he so good that it's worth bringing him in for money and trying to get rid of one of Blackman or Camara (no guarantee of selling them on at a price we're happy with).

I don't want another repeat of last season, an overcrowded squad that noticeably lost their togetherness which was made worse in January by us trying to fix something that wasn't broken.

I'm particularly hesitant when I don't think McClaren's had much of a chance to work with Blackman, Camara or Weimann. So far under McClaren when we've had difficulties and looked within the squad to solve them, it's gone really well.

We didn't have a holding mid, so we worked with Johnson. He's playing fantastically now.

Vydra wasn't working up top on his own, so we went to Bent. Lead the line well and unselfishly, seems like a different bloke and player all together now.

Christie's out at RB, so we went with Baird, who's been absolutely solid and we haven't conceded a goal when he's played.

I'd rather give the players we've already got a chance than twist again in January.

Archived