Callum Paterson

DcFc Dyycheee

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

21 goals in 90 games from RB is exceptional. 18 assists too. That's 37 goals contributed in total from the position we'd be signing him for. Involved in a goal every 2.4 games, he would certainly add a goal threat to the side that Christie doesn't really provide. Now can he defend?

Prone to lapses in concentration and let's players run off him.

Tries hard and is competitive. More Ollson than Christie. Good squad cover but not someone who would walk straight into the first team.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Kernow said:

If we're prepared to offer 500k, then that should be around the figure it'll take I expect. They want £1million but I'd be surprised if we would pay that when his contract is up in the summer. We can agree a pre-contract agreement with the player from January 1st, but as he's still young, Hearts would be entitled to some form of compensation. On the Hearts forum they seem to think the compensation would be around 400k. Offer them a little bit more to get him immediately. Somewhere between £500k - £700k I expect.

Remember Nick Blackman last season though, everyone was surprised we paid that much for him, with less than 6 months on his contract. All because Sheff Weds were sniffing around and therefore forced our hand.

Same here applies. If Watford or any other club low Prem/mid to top Champ show a serious interest, It wouldn't surprise me to see £1mill as the opening bid...

Very interesting one this, the goals scored and assists made are very attractive and exciting now is he a right back or a wing back which looks more likely but can he defend? - although not many defenders know how to defend anymore as it is more about standing in the way.

for me the most exciting possible signing for a very long time. Let's see if it happens 

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Remember Nick Blackman last season though, everyone was surprised we paid that much for him, with less than 6 months on his contract. All because Sheff Weds were sniffing around and therefore forced our hand.

Same here applies. If Watford or any other club low Prem/mid to top Champ show a serious interest, It wouldn't surprise me to see £1mill as the opening bid...

Couldn't get him on pre-contract in January though. We can offer Paterson a contract in a few weeks time & Hearts wouldn't be able to stop that. I think we would pay a bit more to get him immediately and Hearts would probably take that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived