Callum Paterson

DcFc Dyycheee

12 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Blimey, there's nothing subtle about scouting nowadays. Here I am, in my Derby County branded coat, sitting in a bank of empty seats in front of the only guy with a camera.

In Peter Taylor's day he used to stand on the terraces with a flat cap pulled down around his ears.

Mind you Chris Evans might be somewhere else tonight...............

Absolutely; talk about subtle...still have to laugh...wonder if Chris Evans realises that his 13 minute absence has been noted and has been "explained" away. Looking at that stadium roof, I'm wondering if there was enough toilet tissue available for Chris to "freshen up" which may explain why it took 13 minutes. :mellow:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

You see I think that's a peculiar statement. When we bought him, because he's played as a fulback/wingback so much of the time I thought he'd definitely give Christie a run for his money and may well be the better option. If we have a known attacking full back on our books, surely it's illogical to only consider him for one of his other positions? It's not just Strachan who plays him at wingback - that was his position at Watford.

If you have an established player who has won promotion from this league in a position and represented his country in that position, but you choose not to consider him for it so that you can bloat the squad and bring in someone else, you're not being very bright. But then Derby's recruitment policy isn't exactly legendary.

Sometimes yes. And normally in a back 5. But he's always been a winger by trade.

21 hours ago, Ramdale said:

Says he is very good going forward, great in the air too. Hence why he is Hearts top goalscorer.

Exactly this, good at attacking the ball at set pieces and has a decent shot on him.

Not convinced he is a defender, he has been at fault for a couple of goals v Scotland recently. 

9 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Apparently (according to a single twitter post) that young chap with them is Morris' step-son. 

Nothing wrong with that if it is true 'course, just like to put names (or in this case general identities) to faces.

It is, yeah.

There may be a couple of rough Diamonds at Hearts. It is these kind of Clubs that we should be trying to dig out some bargains with Spades of potential before a Pack of other clubs show interest. We must try not to show our Hand as clearly as this, though. Some of these Scottish players would love to play in front of a Full House at Pride Park. Play Your Cards carefully, Steve.because the Stakes are high. I feel confident that Steve already has an Ace up his sleeve and he will soon Flush him out. Your Call Mel to Raise the money, there must still be some left in the Pot. See You soon.

We need more players whose Hearts are in it, Steve.

Pick a card Steve, any card.

Steve picks The Three of Hearts.

Is it the Three of Hearts?

Steve - Might be. I may be looking at a Range Of players

Were you looking at a few Rangers or was it The Lone Ranger? If so, will he be unmasked soon?

I have a Ton to do, let us see what happens.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

We need more players whose Hearts are in it, Steve.

Pick a card Steve, any card.

Steve picks The Three of Hearts.

Is it the Three of Hearts?

Steve - Might be. I may be looking at a Range Of players

Were you looking at a few Rangers or was it The Lone Ranger? If so, will he be unmasked soon?

I have a Ton to do, let us see what happens.

As the Scots would say, you need to work on your patter son.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/transfer-talk-derby-county-to-make-500-000-bid-for-hearts-defender/story-29970891-detail/story.html

Derby County are lining up a £500,000 bid for Hearts defender Callum Paterson, according to reports.

The Rams have been linked with a January move for the Scotland international.

Manager Steve McClaren and technical director Chris Evans recently watched Paterson play in a 2-0 victory over Rangers at Tynecastle in the Scottish Premiership.

Now, reports from north of the border suggest Derby are poised to make an offer for Paterson.

The 22-year-old's current contract expires at the end of the season and he is expected to leave Hearts after rejecting a new deal.

The Daily Record says that Hearts want around £1m for the player, who is also said to have attracted interest from Watford.

If we're prepared to offer 500k, then that should be around the figure it'll take I expect. They want £1million but I'd be surprised if we would pay that when his contract is up in the summer. We can agree a pre-contract agreement with the player from January 1st, but as he's still young, Hearts would be entitled to some form of compensation. On the Hearts forum they seem to think the compensation would be around 400k. Offer them a little bit more to get him immediately. Somewhere between £500k - £700k I expect.

I'd also be interested to know how many of his 133 games for Hearts have been at RB and how many have been as a striker. He's got 32 goals which equates to a goal every 4.1 games. That's really not bad going considering Conor Sammon has a record of a goal every 4.5 games in Scotland alone. Over his whole career he's managed a goal every 6 games.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/callum-paterson/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/169555/plus/0?saison=&verein=43&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

All games this season in Scottish Premiership at RB, save for one game (and a goal) at CB.

In the 13/14 season, scored 6 goals from CF in 17 games, 4 in 9 at RB.

Career, all competitions.

Position   -  Games/Goals/Assists 

Right-Back            90/21/18

Centre-Forward     33/10/0

Right Midfield         11/1/1

Right Wing              12/2/2

Central Midfield       1/0/0

Centre-Back             1/1/0

36 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I'd also be interested to know how many of his 133 games for Hearts have been at RB and how many have been as a striker. He's got 32 goals which equates to a goal every 4.1 games. That's really not bad going considering Conor Sammon has a record of a goal every 4.5 games in Scotland alone. Over his whole career he's managed a goal every 6 games.

Sidenote about Sammon:

2010-11 he scored 15 goals in 23 games just because he had Alexei Eremenko Jr. playing as a playmaker. I'm pretty sure most of the goals he just tapped in from couple yards. Take those games from his SPL stats and he has scored 3 in 58 games.

That's unbelievably poor, we are talking about SPL here.

21 goals in 90 games from RB is exceptional. 18 assists too. That's 37 goals contributed in total from the position we'd be signing him for. Involved in a goal every 2.4 games, he would certainly add a goal threat to the side that Christie doesn't really provide. Now can he defend?

Archived