Bogey teams

admira

It's ten long years today since we last beat that ugly local team of mine Ipswich Town at Pride Park.

Even in that game, it took a 90+ minute Lupoli winner for us to beat them 2-1.

Can anyone think of any other teams that we've not beaten for even longer?

Our line up that day for the record (which demonstrates quite how long ago it was).

Bywater
Edworthy
M Johnson
Bisgaard
Boertien
Leacock
S Johnson
Jones
Barnes
Howard
Stead

Subs:
Lupoli
D Moore

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Dean Leacock. I was only thinking about him the other day. He's one of those players who I seem to remember (initially) looked like they could be a good signing. Had a few games where he looked steady in defence and then I just looked at his wiki page and he really did go downhill after leaving us, making me wonder, as I often do, that he was either crap all along and I was mistaken, or he was one of those players whose career plummeted because of/after being with us in  our darker days. 

11 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Wow. Dean Leacock. I was only thinking about him the other day. He's one of those players who I seem to remember (initially) looked like they could be a good signing. Had a few games where he looked steady in defence and then I just looked at his wiki page and he really did go downhill after leaving us, making me wonder, as I often do, that he was either crap all along and I was mistaken, or he was one of those players whose career plummeted because of/after being with us in  our darker days. 

dodgey knees i believe

I remember going to Hillsborough for years and we never won. Think it was 1946 since the last win there and then all of a sudden in 1997 we went mad and won 5-2. Thst felt like a really sweet victory. 

Away at Reading has always felt an unlucky one, even in the old 3rd division says.

Away at Leeds used to be hell. In every way. Owd Billy and Nigel changed all that though.

And growing up when Notts used to ok was always a tricky one to go to. Actually Nigel sorted that too.

Good owd Nige was good for a few things at Derby.

38 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

He looked good in a winning team. Very calm and collected, picked his timings on the tackle to perfection and never panicked. But when you needed it, he had absolutely no emergency and came across as lazy. He was like the anti-Keogh I suppose. All the qualities Keogh has - pace, passion, determination, concentration, leadership - Leacock lacked. Everything Leacock had - cool headedness, timing in the tackle, penchant for a no-nonsense and no-risk clearance - Keogh lacks.

But of course, this isn't a shot at Keogh. Give me Keogh over Leacock any day. Give me one Richard Keogh over 3 Dean Leacocks any day in fact.

9 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Our bogey team has to be Snottingham Forest...

Beat me to it :lol:

It really was Snottingham in Viking times ... Ham means something like land of .. Snott was a bloke / local leader so they knew it as land of Snott people. How appropriate. 

OK, I've crunched the numbers against teams currently in the Championship.  All competitions. Anything over a '3' highlighted.

Number of games played since Rams WON home or away

Aston Villa 4
Brighton 4

Birmingham 3
Ipswich Town 2
Reading 2
Barnsley 1
Blackburn 1
Brentford 1
Bristol City 1
Burton Albion 1
Fulham 1