Johnny Russell

G STAR RAM

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Agree with this.

So you're saying that non of our players deserve a bit of constructive criticism? No-one's saying he should be sent to a conference team in January. If all our players were perfect they wouldn't be playing in the championship. As long as the constructive criticism doesn't boil over as result to targeting a player at a match, there's nothing wrong with discussing it on a forum when we have options in depth in that area on the bench

Just now, McLovin said:

So you're saying that non of our players deserve a bit of constructive criticism? No-one's saying he should be sent to a conference team in January. If all our players were perfect they wouldn't be playing in the championship. As long as the constructive criticism doesn't boil over as result to targeting a player at a match, there's nothing wrong with discussing it on a forum

I was joking, mate

Not sure what all this 'scapegoat' rubbish is. We are on a winning run so what is there to scapegoat anyone about?

If you don't wish to see player performances discussed, I would suggest a football forum isn't really the right place to be spending your time.

I like Russell but think his standards have dipped, just trying to gauge other peoples opinions on the matter and see what people think might be the reasons.

Thing for me about Russell, he gets caught on his heels a helluva lot..... 

As others have alluded he's maybe ready for a 1/2 game break back on bench..... for me, he's a much better impact player.

Nice to have competition for places..... however I do agree as well as long as the results keep coming, you can't really change the side at the minute.

4 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

We're on a good run and have just beaten a very good team with a solid team performance.

But JR is crap... 

We must be OK if that's all we've got to moan about.

Read the thread again..... think you're being fanciful and reading into this a bit extreme.....

I think the reason that he isn't dropped is because his defensive duties , he has (or appears to have) a bit more bite about him when defending than Weimann , and people tell me Anya can't play in a 4-3-3 , I genuinely don't know on that one

I do how ever think thay Russell's contribution is the weak point in a currently very good side so I would be happy to see Weimann get his chance , though I wasn't suprised to see him not get his chance for Norwich as that was always going to be a tight game , though Wigan / Forest might be a good oppotunity

Perhaps Mac is waiting to get Camara fit ?

11 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Read the thread again..... think you're being fanciful and reading into this a bit extreme.....

I'm not sure what you wrote makes sense.

i think I see your point though. IMO There are people who want to moan regardless. And they have.

1 minute ago, RIMBAUD said:

i think I see your point though. IMO There are people who want to moan regardless. And they have.

Who has moaned out of interest?

I've only seen debate about whether a player is currently worthy of his position in a team that is challenging for play offs?

9 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Total sense, not seen anyone absolutely tearing Johnny to bits, everyone being pretty constructive 

I think Russell puts in a shift but the style isn't suiting him at all to use his quality on the ball. The lack of runners going past him doesn't help. I think him and Ince should swap sides a bit more during the game. I'd have Russell in the team but Weimann is a good option if he starts to flag much more...5 wins on the spin, there's not much need for change at the minute surely?

For me, on form, Russell would be one of the first names on the team sheet. Unfortunately it's been a good while since he's been on his mettle and if we have a viable replacement (Weimann / Anya?) then McClaren wouldn't be doing his job for the benefit of the other 10 selected players to persevere with him.

Ultimately most matches are won by small margins and a missed chance in a tight game can be the difference between 1 and 3 points and those 2 points could determine whether a club finishes just inside or outside the top 6.

JR has enough quality to work his way back into contention should he lose his place but to continue playing him in his current form, even though the team is on a good run, is a risk not worth taking.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Who can point me in the direction of a site for distances covered, heat maps etc?

Go up the A52. Turn right at the big roundabout by the QMC.

Filter off for the B679 wilford lane.

Left at the t junction.

Past county hall. 

Should be somewhere on your right.

Archived