Jump to content

Anya the championships moses?


Doodle
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just watched the Chelsea game. As well as Baird did today, I would love to see Anya as the wing back in our side ( apart from top 2 sides) We have enough cover against most of the teams in this division to allow him to raid forward and try to create or even score plenty of chances. We are good now but could be lethal with that one change. Thoughts??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

He wasnt the best at RB against England 

He was playing against England, not Rotherham at home. He did fine anyway after the first 20 mins when he got to grips with the position.As I said in OP, not going to work against good players, but would be lethal against poor teams

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Doodle said:

He was playing against England, not Rotherham at home. He did fine anyway after the first 20 mins when he got to grips with the position.As I said in OP, not going to work against good players, but would be lethal against poor teams

He was caught out of position loads against England & looked completely lost

Fair enough England are slightly better than Rotherham (not much though theyre crap)  & if he was getting skinned by miles better players he wouldnt normally come up against then fair enough but he couldnt do the simplest if tasks. If he cant stand in the right position against England then i dont think he can against anyone.

its not his natural position. I wanted Anya and RB before i saw him there now id rather have a defender that can defend first & go forward second  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Baird showed yesterday just how valuable experience is. Played with calmness under pressure, every decision he made was spot on. He even chose when to get forward to support attacks and was effective in doing so. He can be an Edworthy for us.

Also, Derby's best season recently was with Wisdom and Fozzy, Wisdom used to stay back as Fozzy raided forward. Same with Baird and Lowe.

Anya could do a job but we would be weaker for it. Round pegs in round holes works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Anya's threat on the wing and he should be used there IMO. I feel a bit sorry for the lad as he's been effectively frozen out of the team through no fault of his own. Just that Schteve has forged a winning team and Anya sadly isn't in it.

I have to admit I'm surprised he hasn't been brought on as sub though. He offers much against tiring opponents in the final knockings of a game but Derby are getting the results so there can be no complaints.

Him, Vydra and Weimann as subs to bring on ain't half bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I like Anya's threat on the wing and he should be used there IMO. I feel a bit sorry for the lad as he's been effectively frozen out of the team through no fault of his own. Just that Schteve has forged a winning team and Anya sadly isn't in it.

I have to admit I'm surprised he hasn't been brought on as sub though. He offers much against tiring opponents in the final knockings of a game but Derby are getting the results so there can be no complaints.

Him, Vydra and Weimann as subs to bring on ain't half bad.

Would not say he has been frozen out, just didn't show enough and product when given the chance. 

Surprised Russell is still starting but even if he gets dropped it looks like Weimann may have moved ahead of Anya in the pecking order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Would not say he has been frozen out, just didn't show enough and product when given the chance. 

Surprised Russell is still starting but even if he gets dropped it looks like Weimann may have moved ahead of Anya in the pecking order.

Agree. Frozen out probably not the best term to use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We play 433. The course of this season should dissuade anyone from changing that, especially while we're doing well.

Anya is a decent player. So's Vydra. Neither of them are getting a game for a reason...we've got players playing well in their position. Vydra will get a game first. I someone offered most of our money back I'd let Anya go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Baird showed yesterday just how valuable experience is. Played with calmness under pressure, every decision he made was spot on. He even chose when to get forward to support attacks and was effective in doing so. He can be an Edworthy for us.

Also, Derby's best season recently was with Wisdom and Fozzy, Wisdom used to stay back as Fozzy raided forward. Same with Baird and Lowe.

Anya could do a job but we would be weaker for it. Round pegs in round holes works.

Spot on mate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.