Anya the championships moses?

Doodle

Just watched the Chelsea game. As well as Baird did today, I would love to see Anya as the wing back in our side ( apart from top 2 sides) We have enough cover against most of the teams in this division to allow him to raid forward and try to create or even score plenty of chances. We are good now but could be lethal with that one change. Thoughts??

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

He wasnt the best at RB against England 

He was playing against England, not Rotherham at home. He did fine anyway after the first 20 mins when he got to grips with the position.As I said in OP, not going to work against good players, but would be lethal against poor teams

8 hours ago, Doodle said:

He was playing against England, not Rotherham at home. He did fine anyway after the first 20 mins when he got to grips with the position.As I said in OP, not going to work against good players, but would be lethal against poor teams

He was caught out of position loads against England & looked completely lost

Fair enough England are slightly better than Rotherham (not much though theyre crap)  & if he was getting skinned by miles better players he wouldnt normally come up against then fair enough but he couldnt do the simplest if tasks. If he cant stand in the right position against England then i dont think he can against anyone.

its not his natural position. I wanted Anya and RB before i saw him there now id rather have a defender that can defend first & go forward second  

Baird showed yesterday just how valuable experience is. Played with calmness under pressure, every decision he made was spot on. He even chose when to get forward to support attacks and was effective in doing so. He can be an Edworthy for us.

Also, Derby's best season recently was with Wisdom and Fozzy, Wisdom used to stay back as Fozzy raided forward. Same with Baird and Lowe.

Anya could do a job but we would be weaker for it. Round pegs in round holes works.

I like Anya's threat on the wing and he should be used there IMO. I feel a bit sorry for the lad as he's been effectively frozen out of the team through no fault of his own. Just that Schteve has forged a winning team and Anya sadly isn't in it.

I have to admit I'm surprised he hasn't been brought on as sub though. He offers much against tiring opponents in the final knockings of a game but Derby are getting the results so there can be no complaints.

Him, Vydra and Weimann as subs to bring on ain't half bad.

24 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I like Anya's threat on the wing and he should be used there IMO. I feel a bit sorry for the lad as he's been effectively frozen out of the team through no fault of his own. Just that Schteve has forged a winning team and Anya sadly isn't in it.

I have to admit I'm surprised he hasn't been brought on as sub though. He offers much against tiring opponents in the final knockings of a game but Derby are getting the results so there can be no complaints.

Him, Vydra and Weimann as subs to bring on ain't half bad.

Would not say he has been frozen out, just didn't show enough and product when given the chance. 

Surprised Russell is still starting but even if he gets dropped it looks like Weimann may have moved ahead of Anya in the pecking order.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Would not say he has been frozen out, just didn't show enough and product when given the chance. 

Surprised Russell is still starting but even if he gets dropped it looks like Weimann may have moved ahead of Anya in the pecking order.

Agree. Frozen out probably not the best term to use.

We play 433. The course of this season should dissuade anyone from changing that, especially while we're doing well.

Anya is a decent player. So's Vydra. Neither of them are getting a game for a reason...we've got players playing well in their position. Vydra will get a game first. I someone offered most of our money back I'd let Anya go. 

4 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Baird showed yesterday just how valuable experience is. Played with calmness under pressure, every decision he made was spot on. He even chose when to get forward to support attacks and was effective in doing so. He can be an Edworthy for us.

Also, Derby's best season recently was with Wisdom and Fozzy, Wisdom used to stay back as Fozzy raided forward. Same with Baird and Lowe.

Anya could do a job but we would be weaker for it. Round pegs in round holes works.

Spot on mate 

Archived