William Hughes

Mafiabob

2 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I know right... COFFEE?!?! Everyone knows you throw tea at McClaren!

Not if you can't spell his name correctly, you don't.

(not you)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, YouRams said:

Personally think whoever offered him the contract wants *******. We should be doing all we can to keep Hughes at this club, not taking the **** by offering him a poor contract which could lead to his head being turned.

Here was thread about agents and why those leeches exists. What you're a talking about is one fine example. Player ain't involved in discussions at all, he just concentrates on football.

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

God I wish I was on this forum when that all cracked off. 

I'm sure this place went into pure meltdown at that time in 2015.

Like a sugar cube in a cup of hot, er, coffee.

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

God I wish I was on this forum when that all cracked off. 

I'm sure this place went into pure meltdown at that time in 2015.

It did and it was embarrassing. Sometimes the story was that McClaren threw tea at Buxton, sometimes it was that it was actually coffee, sometimes it was Bucko throwing the hot beverage... If people are going to make **** up, I wish they'd at least make it consistent.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Well i am confident that if Pearson was still the manager he would have been off with the first sensible opportunity but with mac back and a more forward deployment it is about meeting expectations 

Pearson wouldn't have even waited for a sensible opportunity. Fortunately our current manager has a bit more sense than him.

Well, his performance yesterday left something to be desired. Hopefully, the talks aren't getting to his head and distracting him because he will be the key to the promotion charge in my opinion. When he ticks, Derby look and play so much better.

This for me is where Mr Rush earns his crust.

Plenty have blown smoke up his ass for getting deals through over the past few seasons, when we've been waving the cash around for lavish transfers.... and wages.

well this is the biggest and most important deal I can think of, if not more for the statement of intent that it sends out to us as fans if we do or don't retain young William.

if reports are true (and I say if) that Bradley and co are sitting on 30k and will wants parity then Mr rush has put us in a precarious position with our biggest talent as u would think there's only so much room on the wage budget 

In fear of being unpopular, if Will wasn't English or home grown, I don't think everyone would think he is the magician they do. 

I like him but he has the ability, like on Saturday, to have a poor game. 

Doesn't score enough goals for me either. 

A very good player with the potential to be a very very good player, but not someone worth bankrupting the club for IMO. 

I think you have a point TD.

Someone next to me at footy made the point that no matter what will Hughes did, the fans would shout "Hughesy hughesy", even if he picked the ball up and booted it out the stadium.

He is a damn good player and will one day go onto big things, but we are blinkered if we think Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U or Liverpool are queuing up to sign him, if they were he would have gone by now. My opinion is they have scouted him many times but there is something that stops them bidding. If they see a player they want they usually get them, Bamford, Bale, Walcott, Ramsey etc.

But while clubs aren't bidding for him he remains a ram, which makes me happy, because if he has 9 poor games and then he pulls a Wolves game out the bag, it's totally worth it. 

I like Will a lot and rate him very highly, however balance and harmony at the club are more valuable than paying over the odds for a player.

Was not a fan of BJ coming in on a huge wage. However our hands were tied with the injuries we had. We have to live within our means moving forward and if that means Will being sold, so be it.

Just because someone cost a lot of money doesn't mean they should be paid more than a better player who came through the academy.

You could argue that to buy a player of Will's ability would have cost the club £12-£15m plus £30k a week wages. The fact that Mel authorised silly money on signings nowhere near as good should not affect what we pay Will.

There is not one player on the books who deserves to be paid more than him imo.

3 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

You could also argue that BJ has got a team out this division twice & has PL experience. Will has done neither. 

Not with any credibility though Troy!

Bradley will be 30 in April. Same month, Will turns 22.

Archived