William Hughes

Mafiabob

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just opened negotiations and rightly so, very rarely will players accept the lowest offer- I'm sure it's just a starting point and we'll come to terms with him eventually, no need for panic just yet. Mel Morris ain't a fool, surely he knows how vital Hughes is to us and will ensure he does everything he can to make sure we keep him

A year and a half left on his contract and this will be the first salvo of negotiations... Nobody accepts the first offer and this is a negotiation tactic from his agent... If Hughes wants to stay he'll stay... If he wants out he wouldn't do it this way, he'd just request a transfer...

32 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

A year and a half left on his contract and this will be the first salvo of negotiations... Nobody accepts the first offer and this is a negotiation tactic from his agent... If Hughes wants to stay he'll stay... If he wants out he wouldn't do it this way, he'd just request a transfer...

If he puts in a transfer request he loses all of his bonuses 

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

Sorry, was over-simplifying.. If he wanted to leave he'd make it clear to the club that he wanted out... There are ways to do it without handing in a transfer request (I think Robbie did an article for the BBC about it at one point?) but I don't think contract negotiations would be the way he'd do it...

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

No, he'd just keep kicking the ball in his own net saying "I hope we get relegated", much like Colin Bell did for Manchester City, according to Eric in 'The Dustbinmen'.

(you have to be of a certain age to fully understand that reference).

1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

Sure If we can't afford Hughes wage demands let's go for 38 year old Fat Frank's...

Christ!

I think you've taken me too literally.  Some on here insist on making ridiculous signings with the excuse that if we get promotion it will be worth it. If we just give Will what he is worth then  I am sure he wil sign a new contract. Having a new contract wouldn't prevent Prem teams coming in for him if they really want him. It's a win/win for Will.

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Personally think whoever offered him the contract wants *******. We should be doing all we can to keep Hughes at this club, not taking the **** by offering him a poor contract which could lead to his head being turned.

Why what was he offered? Did he looked shocked at the amount we offered, or just disappointed?

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Unless your name is Peter Risdale, although technically I guess there was a second offer to Seth, if the stories are true.

The papers will always go bloody berserk about these things ... especially at this time of year, silly season approaches.

I may well have my differences with a lot of you regarding Hughes, however, the lad is a hot prospect, and he deserves to negotiate as such. At risk of sounding repetitive ... so long as he keeps his level high on the pitch, I don't really care what sort of deal he is on.

If it's just a negotiating tactic on his part...then no problem...good on him.  Give him what he/his agent wants.  If we don't get promoted he's gone to be sold anyway....can't keep in the championship forever.  Having him on a longer term contract will mean we'll get a much better price for him.  If we do get promoted.., then the money we are offering Will now won't be an issue.  Basically just do whatever we can to get him to sign.

Archived