Will Hughes turns down contract offer?

Cam the Ram

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, eddie said:

Am I right in assuming they you are advocating paying everyone the same? If not, I fail to see how you could ensure that there would be harmony.

No, but to have some players getting significantly more than other first team regulars does cause disharmony.  It is inevitable there will be some differences in what they earn but they should all be similar and within the club wage structure.  From what I am led to believe the wage ceiling has been well and truly breached in the last 12 months. 

8 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

No, but to have some players getting significantly more than other first team regulars does cause disharmony

According to the DET, the club reckon they are confident of striking a pop-up, just as soon as Will fills in a survey telling them how many hours of television he watches, loses ten pounds overnight with a weird old trick and answers a question that will amaze you.

47 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Well you would say that with your avatar....somewhat biased eh Tombo or is it Will?

Well he is two months older than me. Means I've got two months from now to train and get to his level and I might still achieve my aspirations to play for Derby.

54 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Seems I am on my own on this one with my views.

Well, I hope it all gets resolved to our satisfaction in the end

It's just a story from a bog roll that seems to be attracted to Derby in a negative way. In the past many many of their stories have been as real and far less interesting than Harry Potter. 

And in any negotiation you should try to get the best price. If you take the first offer everytime then you'll never know what you could have had. And in this case of Hughes then he would have a case for arguing his the best player on the books. 

But we've sold him several times already according to these papers. He was once part of the Andre Wisdom loan deal. And he's been sold to Liverpool and loaned back to us...

Will doesn't owe us anything now, he has been fantastic for years.

If we can't give him premier football then he is entitled to look for it himself after all this time. Together with the payday associated with that.

Cant understand the obsession with contracts - what difference does that make nowadays ?

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Contracts = protection of investment for the money men. Nothing to with the football. 

It's never been any different since the days of Alf Common.

54 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Cant understand the obsession with contracts - what difference does that make nowadays ?

Don't want him leaving for nothing in 18 months, do we?  I'm most people want to keep Will, but if that's not realistic then we have to make sure we get some serious ££££ for him.

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

Making the decision to sign him doesn't mean Clement wasn't consulted.

the process at the time was Clement gave a list of requirements and players signed to fulfill them.  Mel saying he made the decision to sign could mean that everyone else was non commital in discussions so he said "I'll make the call we are signing him"

If that's the case then he shouldn't have signed him - any player who is brought into the club needs to be done so with the 100% backing of the manager at the time.

7 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

If that's the case then he shouldn't have signed him - any player who is brought into the club needs to be done so with the 100% backing of the manager at the time.

maybe they just didn't want to put there back on the line for the amount of money being spoken about. Doesn't mean he wasn't wanted

31 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

You're at it again - making an assumption based on a bloody assumption.

Christ on a bike, I really do think that everyone is an idiot nowadays - the alternative is that I'm the blooming fool. I'm out of here to go and have an old person's grumble at clouds or something..

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Christ on a bike, I really do think that everyone is an idiot nowadays - the alternative is that I'm the blooming fool. I'm out of here to go and have an old person's grumble at clouds or something..

Everyone?

14 minutes ago, eddie said:

I said 'If that's the case'. No assumption there, just a hypothetical.

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It could be worse, we could buy a player with the ability of Blackman and then offer him 30k a week too...

Imagine being Will Hughes and knowing somehow you will be receiving less than Blackman.

We did and it is £28,000 per week, why do you think Martin looked so poor once Blackman arrived, no matter who you are it affects you

Archived