Jump to content

Ex Derby & Norwich players


Bridgford Ram
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am not sure if this has been done before but I wondered if it would be a good idea to have a thread in the lead up to each game talking about ex-players of our opponents.  They'll be a mix of current players and older players bringing back memories.  It'd be great if we can build up a list, commenting on the players who played for us an our opponents of that week.

The first one that springs to mind for me is Paul Blades - Started his career with us, played in 3 divisions for us making over 150 appearances at RB or CB.  I always preferred him at CB with Mark Wright but this was because I was always a bigger fan of Mel Sage than Rob Hindmarch.  He was transferred to Norwich in 1990 for £700k, which must have been a big amount bearing in mind Man Utd signed Denis Irwin for about £600k around this time.

Off the top of my head other players for both clubs include Spencer Prior, Bradley Johnson, Rob Earnshaw, Patrick Bamford, Mo Camara & Ashley Ward.

Also, if you could have picked any Norwich player from any time for Derby to sign and slot into the Derby team of that time who would you go for?  I'd probably go for Andy Townsend (around 88/90 time) to slot in the midfield next to Geriant Williams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Slightly off-topic, but I was trying to think of some good ex-Norwich players and I remembered this gem/car crash of an interview when Darren "the English legend" Huckerby went over to the MLS. 

 

 

So many glorious moments in that interview I don't know where to begin. 

That is quite simply the best thing I have seen today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, philmycock said:

He was nasty against us I recall, for Villa I think, a thug, wasn't it when Dean Yates got injured?

Can't recall chap...hell of a player Yates. Unlucky with injuries.

Was it Dwight Yorke that did him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Slightly off-topic, but I was trying to think of some good ex-Norwich players and I remembered this gem/car crash of an interview when Darren "the English legend" Huckerby went over to the MLS. 

 

 

So many glorious moments in that interview I don't know where to begin. 

It's kind of "Unbelievable Jeff".

That dolt rivals the interviewer that asked Brendan Rogers yesterday about whether he believed in the Loch Ness monster or Lionel Messi, almost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, needles said:

Can't recall chap...hell of a player Yates. Unlucky with injuries.

Was it Dwight Yorke that did him?

Didn't Dwight high five Collymore when he ended Yates career? Recall Townsend being a cock and maybe sent off, might not have been that match

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

21 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Didn't Dwight high five Collymore when he ended Yates career? Recall Townsend being a cock and maybe sent off, might not have been that match

He did I think. No Townsend in that game though. Here you go...some good players in that side, and harshly done by on the day.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-smith-left-ruing-absentees-as-yorke-turns-up-on-time-1143743.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, needles said:

 

He did I think. No Townsend in that game though. Here you go...some good players in that side, and harshly done by on the day.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-smith-left-ruing-absentees-as-yorke-turns-up-on-time-1143743.html

Yep, it was against Boro when Townsend was naughty...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/1998/dec/28/match.sport2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.