• Last Reply

Radiohead - 4 good songs

Adele - 1 good song

The Doors - 3 good songs

Nirvana - 3 good songs

Star Wars - 80's crap

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Jim Carrey crap

Scarface - I like Al Pacino, but this is just a stupid film

Jack Kerouac novels - obviously mega high when he was writing them, think you'd have to be equally high to enjoy them.

South Park - not as good as the Simpsons at its peak

Family Guy - not the Simpsons but wishes it was 

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Wine, people who drink it are all pretentious knobs.

I agree in the context of the type of 'Giles' in the pic in the post below. But damning all wine drinkers is a bit of sweeping generalisation.

I think anyone doing something to strike a pose is a knob. I am thinking rare car collectors, middle aged men in all the gear cyclists, etc.

For me, its bread eaters, they're all tw*ts. :D

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Gary Numan.

Nobody under 40 will of heard of him but the hipsters of the 80's thought he was the new Bowie.

He was a useless, talentless sausaget who spoilt many a disco night when his music came on just as you was hoping to coax a young lass into to a slow dance.

Horses for courses mate ....

During the Numan songs you stand at the bar looking moody and chiselled, like a young (Swadlincote) James Dean.

You wait for a bit of Spandau or George Michael before you try and latch onto the face of your intended victim.

Ten years later I remember screaming into the ear of some bird over the top of Black Box .... "I SAID, I SAID, WHAT STAR SIGN ARE YOU?"

Happy days. 

6 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Radiohead - 4 good songs

Adele - 1 good song

The Doors - 3 good songs

Nirvana - 3 good songs

Star Wars - 80's crap

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Jim Carrey crap

Scarface - I like Al Pacino, but this is just a stupid film

Jack Kerouac novels - obviously mega high when he was writing them, think you'd have to be equally high to enjoy them.

South Park - not as good as the Simpsons at its peak

Family Guy - not the Simpsons but wishes it was 

You, Sir, have gone too far. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is quite simply the most brilliant film ever written. I challenge you to a duel. Pistols at dawn!

On 24 November 2016 at 10:15, MuespachRam said:

The Beatles, Madonna, elton john, prince, Led Zeppelin, Elvis, David Bowie never made a good song between them. 

Iconic films/TV that are actually tosh pulp fiction, doctor who, top gear 

happy thanksgiving 

Aren't you the guy who said he couldn't name a Bowie song... So how do you know he never made a good song... Or any of the others. Talk about WUM. 

I would agree  with you about Top Gear but then I'm not a petrolhead, so it's hardly surprising I don't like top gear. 

On 23 November 2016 at 22:22, GboroRam said:

Premier league football.  There I said it.

I know exactly what you mean ! I grew up supporting another club ( from my original home city) . Went as young man, with my granddad. Still look out for their score and used to make an annual visit a great expense to see a live game and keep faith with my roots. The last time was .. Well ... The last time. Soulless corporate franchise.

Maybe because Derby adopted me and have changed my spots but I really think it is because the belonging seems to have been taken away by something else.  I just felt like another paying customer  partaking of  a "product" Everything was like a pre scripted Butlins entertainment with so much spoon fed "designed" things to "appreciate" no mystique, no dreams and hopes, just numbers, results and money. 

I would love Derby to be a top top club again but I fear that the PL has removed something deeply personal from the game and created a monster. Is there really a way to be a top club and not be infected ? Maybe Leicester win can help but I am just not sure anymore. 

5 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Aren't you the guy who said he couldn't name a Bowie song... So how do you know he never made a good song... Or any of the others. Talk about WUM. 

I would agree  with you about Top Gear but then I'm not a petrolhead, so it's hardly surprising I don't like top gear. 

I have never tasted dog poop but I know I don't like it....and I couldn't name 5 songs by any of the artists I listed but I know I don't like them. 

18 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

Smoking

Dont you know how cool you look though when you smoke?

How big it makes you look in front of your mates? All the girls will fancy you you know.

Dont worry about the fact it will empty your pockets, make you look totally inconsiderate to those who dont like it, and also dont worry about the fact that you wont look particularly cool when you are older coughing up your lungs either.

Archived