What's all the fuss about...

Chester40

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tarantino films. They're not terrible, but they're cheap schlock. What I don't understand is how they're afforded an air of artistic legitimacy they've done absolutely nothing to deserve. A gratuitous mutilation scene doesn't become high art just because you play a Gerry Rafferty song over it, otherwise I'd recut Hostel with Baker Street playing on loop and become a multi millionaire.

4 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Sports that aren't really sports ....

Snooker - past time.

Darts - really?

Golf - a good walk ruined, or an outdoors business meeting.

For me, to be a sport you have to:

a. Significantly change your clothing to do it. A dickie bow or tartan trousers don't cut it, sorry.

b. Get out of breath.

I could get out of breath playing golf. 

Just now, WhiteHorseRam said:

Or anything by Garbage

In fact I reckon the England brass band should be ditched and Radiohead adopted as the official England band.

After all they seem to like writing songs for the national team.

They've got 'Prove Yourself', 'I Can't', 'Blow Out', 'High and Dry', No Surprises', 'Let Down', 'Exit Music', 'In Limbo', 'Like Spinning Plates', Knives Out', 'Go To Sleep', 'Down Is The New Up', 'Everything In It's Right Place' and they also do a song actually called The National Anthem.

My favourite though and the most apt is one called 'How To Disappear Completely'. :lol:

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

In fact I reckon the England brass band should be ditched and Radiohead adopted as the official England band.

After all they seem to like writing songs for the national team.

They've got 'Prove Yourself', 'I Can't', 'Blow Out', 'High and Dry', No Surprises', 'Let Down', 'Exit Music', 'In Limbo', 'Like Spinning Plates', Knives Out', 'Go To Sleep', 'Down Is The New Up', 'Everything In It's Right Place' and they also do a song actually called The National Anthem.

My favourite though and the most apt is one called 'How To Disappear Completely'. :lol:

See also - Give Up The Ghost, Burn The Witch, Scatterbrain

And just to balance it out - Optimistic, Jigsaw Falling Into Place.

I'd love it if GSTQ was replaced with Radiohead's National Anthem..

5 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Not seen the new Top Gear yet. Do they still take up half the show with a daft stunt? eg Let's see if we can blow up a caravan?

If I told you, Jezza would have to kill you.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Definitely The Beatles & modern beige music such as Adele, James (one hat) Bay, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay etc.

Horse racing & motor racing (ie formula 1).

Has anyone said Facebook yet? That would be straight into my Room 101.

Very surprised at the mention of the Beatles.

Other than its 50 years ago since they were in their prime i'm not sure why they are disliked.

They were absolutely brilliant and many modern bands and musicians will tell you the same.

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Very surprised at the mention of the Beatles.

Other than its 50 years ago since they were in their prime i'm not sure why they are disliked.

They were absolutely brilliant and many modern bands and musicians will tell you the same.

I'm surprised at the mention of the genius Gary Numan! Brilliant music for the school disco too...:D

Archived