What's all the fuss about...

Chester40

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The premier league and the endless hype of each weekends fixtures throughout the entire media for what seems the entire preceding week.

Fat, pissed Alan Brazil going on about "och west ham will be at Hull. , massive game for slaven . ..." etc . ... (repeat ad nauseum substituting team and manager names as required ).

We won't mind so much when Derby eventually get promoted though.

8 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Formula 1.

Give everyone the same car then we'll find out who the best driver is.

Get pole and you've already won.

Go round and round for 69 laps and the bloke in pole or the very least 2nd wins.

Don't get it.

It can seem that way, but I would argue you have to be one of the best drivers to get in the best cars. I would argue if you put someone like Felipe massa, a decent driver, in a Mercedes this year he would not be fighting for the title.

Pole doesn't always win but yes more often than not those at the front at the start win.

There are some classic racing, watch max verstappen in the last race in Brazil..was breathtaking really, and yes lewis won from pole but he kept calm and didn't make mistakes while lots of the others did.

You probably get 1 maybe 2 top races each year, sometimes its boring...but sometimes its great.

9 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Premier league football.  There I said it.

Yes I've got sky sports but never watch PL games. I hate  all the hype like super sunday .. I mean Leicester v west brom really? What's super about that. Prima Donna league. 

10 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

X Factor.

Skinny jeans stemming from the competition there appears to be amongst many young lads to see who has the most dangerously snappable pins. Some of them haven't even got any legs! There's nothing underneath but twigs man!!

KFC.

London. Sprawling mess filled with weirdos.

Comedy panel shows. Yawn.

Im no fan but they look better on thin people than chunky people.

5 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Problem with this thread is that its just personal dislikes to be honest. All the things mentioned are by and largely self-justified by market forces.

Apart from Sting.

Have a like, cos OMG he is annoying and smug!!

However,  good point raised in that you may have veered towards what I wasnt looking for. I'd suggest if you say you hate X-Factor or 50 Shades that, whilst totally justifiable, probably isnt that controversial ( few people who's opinion you actually  respect will say, 'noooo what you talking about its amazing, what's wrong with you..have younot blah blah'  X-Factor for me is accepted as mainstream dross by a large section so I don't feel inadequate saying so.

However, that point raises the conundrum eg does Sting fall into that category of not really being valid (I. E. lots of people don't get/hate him) or does saying that just betray your own prejudices when actually he is loved by everyone so is actually a valid choice??  Confused?? Me too but that's perhaps the point! However eg Simon Cowell or Keith Lemon..not valid choices for me, too obviously not-gettable. 

I was thinking more of those films or whatever  that the chin-strokers/intellectuals love and secretly you think...I just don't get it.. eg Blade Runner. ?

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

Donnie Darko can **** right off. Pretentious, meaningless, hipster trash.

Darts. One of the most repetitive and dull pastimes on the planet.

Anon - spot on!! You got my meaning....especially as you have proved at the same time, you are a clueless plonker...Donnie Darko is amazing ..

Oh and 12 Monkeys?? awesome film! what us wrong with people? ?!! ?

Well if we're talking sports the Olympics are pretty overrated. I like the athletics but not much else. 

And theres the added factor of people getting excited because Great Britain (not Team G ******* B) has won a load of gold medals in sports only played by toffs. This should be a source of national embarrassment not pride. 

Archived