Which positions if any would you like to see us strengthen in January?

David

Which positions if any would you like to see us strengthen in January?  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of loan players in, RB and ST. Whilst Baird did well on Saturday if we can get someone who has a similar style to Cyrus, especially whilst he is out, to compete with Baird. Also feel we need a striker who offers an alternate approach than Bent and Vydra, for when we need that gung-ho approach.

I've voted for RB and Striker;

We need a plan C striker.

I would love to see Andre "I'll park where I like" Wisdom back. Whilst he wasn't the attacking type (he got forward but his balls in were a tad rustic) he was solid iron at the back. 

I also think we need more goals from midfield. I think a match-fit Bryson would do the job. However, we may need an "in"; we  need a pacey player who can net goals regularly. 

RB and CB,

RB - Christie potentially off if he's not going to sign a new deal, could do with back up / competition for him anyway. Chris Baird had a good display against a pretty poor Rotherham side, also aging.

CB - Long term, Shackell could be on his way out, dependant on duration left on contract as i'm lead to believe he is on a big(ish) wage. Could do with one alongside Rawson as back-up.

Otherwise I think we've got a big enough squad, depends if Mac wants to tweak the side / get rid of anyone

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I've voted for RB and Striker;

We need a plan C striker.

I would love to see Andre "I'll park where I like" Wisdom back. Whilst he wasn't the attacking type (he got forward but his balls in were a tad rustic) he was solid iron at the back. 

I also think we need more goals from midfield. I think a match-fit Bryson would do the job. However, we may need an "in"; we  need a pacey player who can net goals regularly. 

I thought we'd just spent 8 million on a pacy player who can net goals regularly.

He hasn't exactly lit the touch paper yet but it's surely too soon to discard him just yet.

I voted for all the positions. I've said on many occasions, and quoting King Arthur Cox "I'm looking for a player's replacement the moment I've signed him", we should always be looking to improve the team. I don't EVER want us to sign backup players (other than youngsters with potential obviously). The only way to improve is by buying, or loaning, better than what you've already got. We're not Barcelona yet!

Having said that, I would be more than happy to go with what we've got if Steve can get a core of 16 or 17 playing to the top of their game regularly. Buy or loan in to improve yes, but to stay in exactly the same place why?

10 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I thought we'd just spent 8 million on a pacy player who can net goals regularly.

He hasn't exactly lit the touch paper yet but it's surely too soon to discard him just yet.

Who's discarding him? We need more options - going up will be about scoring goals against good teams. We have two or three *real* strikers, another would be very handy. In the Dwight Gayle manor perhaps?

1 hour ago, David said:

The poll is multiple choice so you can select more than one position. Positions are based on the current 4-3-3 formation. 

RB as back up and bring Chris Martin back then sorted. 

For me rb needs bringing In and it has to be an attacking right back who at the very least pushes Cyrus for the position ,, I think Bradley has shown he has potential in the Thorne position so would nt rush to buy there now ,,, and that's about it for me at this point unless we are getting foreign bargain gems that really improve any one position and the team ,, 

Archived