That second automatic promotion spot...

Parsnip

What? What??? I can look can't I? I'm only window shopping.

But what if we carry on like this, and get better? What if Ince keeps banging these goals in? 

What if we're in the middle of the play off places by Christmas and Brighton & Reading start to tail off a bit? And we realise we have half a season left!

And then Stevie Mac takes his Rams to St James Park and absolutely annihilates them sending us on an incredible run to nick that second automatic promotion spot!!!

I'm very excited. Although still shitting myself that Forest are shortly going to completely derail our season. 

It's a long way away.

My wish is that, somehow, we can finish 5th or 6th, QPR do the same, we both win our semi-finals and we beat them in the final, with Keogh grabbing the winner.

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's a long way away.

My wish is that, somehow, we can finish 5th or 6th, QPR do the same, we both win our semi-finals and we beat them in the final, with Keogh grabbing the winner.

Richard Keogh, always got a goal in him.

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's a long way away.

For that I'd even put up with the 2 hour wait to get out of the Wembley coach park 

Well I'm going to be interested to see if Colin Calderwood is going to be a big miss for Brighton who I fancy to challenge for that second place.

I am quietly optimistic of us getting a play off place now but if we can maintain our form (we're third now in the current form table) and Norwich and Brighton slip up, we might just slip in on the blindside. If Reading do it, fair play to them but it will be a surprise to me, I haven't got them down as automatics finishers but what do I know ?

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's a long way away.

And ideally an awful undeserved victory, negative football, every decision going our way and a complete fluke by Keogh in the 7th minute of injury time...

Imagine Ian Holloway's little face...

1 minute ago, jono said:

For that I'd even put up with the 2 hour wait to get out of the Wembley coach park 

Only two hours?  The first thing our driver did when we all got on was reverse to the back of the queue.  My mate had got the tube to St Pancras and arrived in Nottingham on the train, I was still in the car park.

Possible but unlikely , was going to make this comment in another thread but I think that January's transfer window is going to ask some tough questions .

If you look at the players not in the side on Saturday GT ,Fozzy ,Christie injured ,and look at the bench we put out it's going to be a tough job to select which position to improve or sit tight and wait for the injuries to clear .

7 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Only two hours?  The first thing our driver did when we all got on was reverse to the back of the queue.  My mate had got the tube to St Pancras and arrived in Nottingham on the train, I was still in the car park.

I forget now .. Time heals I suppose. But it was 10.45 when we got off the bus at the Peacock. ..anyway that's all about triumph and disaster and treating those two imposters just the same. 

14 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Northerners, never ever, ever drive to Wembley. Coach, car, horse anything..

When we play Villa in May I will give out some tips.

My first tip would be 'stay in Watford'.

When McClaren came back we were a couple of points off the relegation zone. At that point most of us (and certainly those who thought it was a massive mistake to get him back) would have thought he'd have done an OK job if we clawed us back to a top 8 or top 10 position, while quietly hoping for more of course

The fact we have pulled back so close to the play offs in such a short period of time is nothing short of remarkable. And I have hopes we can get there. But so do the fans of around 12 other clubs who are all realistic shouts too.  So I don't think it fair to EXPECT that we will just waltz into the play offs, particularly given McClaren has not yet had time to shape the squad how he wants. I do hope that if we finish 7th or 8th this season, everyone remembers where we were when McClaren took over and gives him time to go again next year. It's exciting again, but let's back him regardless

I think we should hope for top 6, dream of 2nd (and it really is a dream...), but I do hope there in no booing at the first loss in this run.

Feisty

P.S. We're going to wallop Norwich for 5!

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Northerners, never ever, ever drive to Wembley. Coach, car, horse anything..

When we play Villa in May I will give out some tips.

Can't see Villa getting to Wembley in May, I think it will be the holders Man U that are facing the newly promoted Rams!

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Our coach parked at the Green man so we managed to grab some booze before boarding.

It's not impossible by any means, but there's plenty of other clubs that will be thinking the same as us. Teams like Reading will think they have a good chance. Remind me a bit of us in 2013/14. Good players that just took a manager to play a style which really clicked for them and now they're the surprise package.

I'm looking at it in stages, not even considering automatic promotion yet. My first target when McClaren arrived was okay, let's see how long it takes us to get into the top half. We've done that now, quicker than I thought. My next target is the play-off places. If we can get into the play-offs before New Year, then I think that'll be good. We then have 4 and a bit months of the season to consolidate that position and perhaps even look beyond that.