The Grand Tour

oldtimeram

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Always a little behind but watched the first episode last night, was hoping they would go down a different path try something new as Top Gear was starting to go a little stale but no, they've used pretty much the same format.

Always preferred the specials, the one hour challenges, studio stuff just comes across as forced and off a script where as when they are on the road feels more natural.

Yeah the let's **** with May's car, he won't have a clue will be scripted but you can let yourself believe it wasn't. Not deploying a parachute, attacked by a snake and Carol Voderman dead on the floor was cringeworthy. I'll carry on watching and hope that was a one off dumbed down for the American audience 

37 minutes ago, David said:

Always a little behind but watched the first episode last night, was hoping they would go down a different path try something new as Top Gear was starting to go a little stale but no, they've used pretty much the same format.

Always preferred the specials, the one hour challenges, studio stuff just comes across as forced and off a script where as when they are on the road feels more natural.

Yeah the let's **** with May's car, he won't have a clue will be scripted but you can let yourself believe it wasn't. Not deploying a parachute, attacked by a snake and Carol Voderman dead on the floor was cringeworthy. I'll carry on watching and hope that was a one off dumbed down for the American audience 

Skip ahead to episodes 7 & 8, they're the Xmas specials from Namibia, best episodes by far...

52 minutes ago, David said:

Tempting but need to watch through see if I'm being harsh.

Be interested to know if Amazon see this series as a success or not, probably won't really know until season 2

I think the 2nd episode is the one where it has nothing to do with cars and Clarkson gets bummed by a terrorist.

That episode was proper random but I ain't got around to watching the rest.

26 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

I think the 2nd episode is the one where it has nothing to do with cars and Clarkson gets bummed by a terrorist.

That episode was proper random but I ain't got around to watching the rest.

That's by far the worst GT/Top Gear episode I've ever witnessed, utter sh**...

TBF it could be really good if they - 

Dropped The American

Dropped Celebrity Brain fart or whatever it's called

Tightened up the studio bits

Have a grand tour every episode.  It hasn't been about car reviews for years so get as far away from it as possible.  It's always been at it's best when they've done challenges and road trips.  I can't imagine they'd object to having 13 holidays a year...

On 21/11/2016 at 10:13, ramsbottom said:

Not on Amazon Prime but found a perfect download of it on Friday afternoon.  Loved it, other than the Celebrity Brainsmash bit. I can see why they did it, but the joke will wear thin pretty quickly.  One things for sure, if I ever come into a decent amount of money I'm ordering a M2 straight away!!!

I know this was a few months ago! But don't go with an M2! Always go for an M3/4. Much more value for money. You can get a decent M4 for around £45,000! An M2 will cost you near enough the same. I've got my M4 on order at the minute, Was tempted with the M2 but more for your money with the M4. 

I cant understand where all the money went. It looks all sexy in 4k hdr and the boys are all on bigger wages, but i cant see how they spent mega millions.

Overall, its ok and watchable but "The American" is really annoying after a couple of shows and the forced banter in the tent is a bit cringeworthy at times. The dead celebrity braincrash thing was mildly amusing the first time, but wore thin after episode 2.

Archived