Tom Ince

RiddingsRam

Iv not read back through this thread but did anyone catch what he said on radio derby about not having a marauding full back take his space referencing baird

wasn't a moan by him or a dog I think he just finds that having a full back Like Baird behind him who's isnt going to get up close to him and take his space gives him a little more freedom and more of a run at his full back instead of operating in close quarters 

Meitner way he's certainly flourishing under mac  

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He does get the ball quicker which helps him

Ince isn't too hot when he's being stood up by a defender. Russell is better at that.

But when Ince has them back peddling then it's just exciting stuff. Getting the ball early means he's doing it more often

Cyrus brings his own strengths but he does deliver late to Ince who's defender will have got his distances measured

To be honest, since Mac came back, Mr Ince is getting me off my seat, his performances of late have been excellent, I love watching players who can take there man on, Pick a pass, and score excellent goals, take a bow Tom, you have  been transformed since Mr mac came back. Long may it continue.

McClaren gets the best out of him, Baird frees him up from covering defence, him and Bent have that mutual understanding (like Bryson and Martin had), and he's getting the best out of himself.

In the past always thought he was a bit of _______ as a player, but he's generally won me round a bit on that front, whilst his talent has never really been in doubt.

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

McClaren gets the best out of him, Baird frees him up from covering defence, him and Bent have that mutual understanding (like Bryson and Martin had), and he's getting the best out of himself.

In the past always thought he was a bit of _______ as a player, but he's generally won me round a bit on that front, whilst his talent has never really been in doubt.

Player, you mean?

Agreed, can't emphasize it enough.

What McClaren does best is build players up, give them freedom and confidence to go out and perform. For naturally talented players (like most of our squad) it makes such a difference to their enjoyment and how they perform. Ince is a classic example of someone who thrives from freedom and works harder as a result. On his day a matchwinner, having plenty of those days right now. Long may that continue!

I've always liked Ince enough, and he's put in some good performances in the past, but over the last few weeks, epitomized by his goal and celebration against Forest I absolutely love the man. I still think the best is yet to come from him too. 

I'll also definitely agree that Baird complements him better than Christie, allowing him to concentrate on what he does best. 

I think he's like Marmite. I love him he's one of those players who can make things happen. Reminds me of one of the few wingers I've seen who is always direct and can be selfish (Which isn't a bad trait to have at times).

On the other hand the old man hates him and Ince. Always criticizing Ince if he doesn't pass (Even when it's better to shoot or take someone on) and Hughes for being to 'Lightweight' just depends on the person I guess.

21 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I think he's like Marmite. I love him he's one of those players who can make things happen. Reminds me of one of the few wingers I've seen who is always direct and can be selfish (Which isn't a bad trait to have at times).

On the other hand the old man hates him and Ince. Always criticizing Ince if he doesn't pass (Even when it's better to shoot or take someone on) and Hughes for being to 'Lightweight' just depends on the person I guess.

*On the other hand the old man hates Hughes and Ince.

Joys of none editing!

Archived