Tom Ince

RiddingsRam

I've noticed lately threads popping up on various Rams players that have been catching the eye.  So I thought I would follow suit and start one on Tom Ince , probably the most under appreciated player from a fan's point of view in our squad . 

He was immense today , absoloute class , ran the show . His natural ability is something else.  Yet sometimes I feel that whatever he does , it's never quite enough for some fans . 

If his head is in the right place and he's got a great  big Steve McClaren size arm around him , we've got ourselves one of the leagues best players . 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I've noticed lately threads popping up on various Rams players that have been catching the eye.  So I thought I would follow suit and start one on Tom Ince , probably the most under appreciated player from a fan's point of view in our squad . 

He was immense today , absoloute class , ran the show . His natural ability is something else.  Yet sometimes I feel that whatever he does , it's never quite enough for some fans . 

If his head is in the right place and he's got a great  big Steve McClaren size arm around him , we've got ourselves one of the leagues best players . 

seeing as the usual clique dont fancy this one ill say i sgree with everything you say they only come out of the woodwork when he has one poor game hope he keeps it up

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

One of our best players. Dangerous going forward one of few players we have capable of double figures.

In my opinion it was one of pearsons biggest mistakes not playing him. Form is temporary class is permanent.

Pearson's biggest mistake was not understanding how to get the best out of him.  You can't stick him up front and pump long balls up to him like Pearson did, and you can have him stuck out wide with no support like clement had him.  You've got to give him licence to roam around, and make sure the rest of the team is set up around him to allow for it - Baird just sitting behind him today gave him the opportunity to do whatever he liked with risking getting caught out, for example.  He is what he is - he's going to lose the ball at times, he's going to cost you defensively at times, but give him the opportunity to win games, and he'll do it for you.

I have never understood the anti Tom brigade. Talk about our best player being Will Hughes. Yes possibly, and with the potential to be better but Tom Ince runs him a close second and scores a lot of goals in to the bargain. The absolute tosh that gets written by some about his attitude or consistency is 100% male dangly bits. 

He creates, he scores, he moves, he can tackle, he tracks back, he has a deftness of touch and control that so many at this level lack. 

Talisman. A pleasure to watch and a greyer day when he isn't in the starting 11.

PS .. You'll gather from the above that I think he is quite good :whistle:

His biggest obstacle is himself. Whenever he is one on one with the keeper or has a defender on his heels he often seems lost. Needs to get out of his head and trust in himself more. Because in these moments the opposition are terrified. It's a shame he missed two pens. Despite how well he played that can really knock a player, especially one who is beset by indecision. He will be going over them in his head. What he should be doing in the final moments. He doesn't need to worry and simply act and not think. When he has the ball and he is running at the opposition there is one thing going through their minds and it's them hoping he doesn't make a clear and clean decision. Because his feet are too quick and he is so speedy, the only chance they have is if he miss controls the ball and presents them with the opportunity to get a clean tackle in and not one where they pray he won't manage to get another touch in time leading to either a foul or him leaving them for dead. 

His form under McClaren is phenomenal. Steve has the right approach to Tom's personality.

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

15 goals in 24 games under McClaren.

Do Real Madrid fans nitpick at Ronaldo's body language & defensive awareness?

I can't give you a like Saul .. The tanks run out. But exactly ! In fact (although is playing with stats ) when did we last have a player scoring better than 1 in 2 ? ... sometime just before the great flood 

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Our fans are a bunch of jokers at the times mate.. Happy for Incey and he should have had a hat trick!!! Hope he'll still take penalties.. 

Archived