Sunday Football

Waffle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, igglepiggle said:

Played for Riddings St James, Riddings Rovers. Stevensons and Quarry Services in Alfreton Sunday league. Did my cruciate at 19 so had to pack up.

I scored my first ever (11 a side) goal away at Riddings Rovers as an 11 year old in 1986.  Still remember it like it was yesterday.  Me and my best mate were late because his dad got lost on the way.  We were changing in the car and our team had started with 9 and were 2-1 down.  We won 4-2

I should have said but my Field Lane career was under 11 (1986) to under 18 (1992).

I'm seeing a lot of teams mentioned that I used to play against, albeit probably in different eras.

I used to love playing against Ilkeston (although they were rough) because they played on Ilkeston Town's ground and I always seemed to score.

The top sides used to be Chesapeake, Intermediates (they were the Notts Co. academy side before academies were invented), Forest Boys (ditto but for Forest), Littleover Dazzlers and Sinfin who were the meanest, drunkest, druggiest team I have ever played against, even as kids but they were good.

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I scored my first ever (11 a side) goal away at Riddings Rovers as an 11 year old in 1986.  Still remember it like it was yesterday.  Me and my best mate were late because his dad got lost on the way.  We were changing in the car and our team had started with 9 and were 2-1 down.  We won 4-2

I should have said but my Field Lane career was under 11 (1986) to under 18 (1992).

I'm seeing a lot of teams mentioned that I used to play against, albeit probably in different eras.

I used to love playing against Ilkeston (although they were rough) because they played on Ilkeston Town's ground and I always seemed to score.

The top sides used to be Chesapeake, Intermediates (they were the Notts Co. academy side before academies were invented), Forest Boys (ditto but for Forest), Littleover Dazzlers and Sinfin who were the meanest, drunkest, druggiest team I have ever played against, even as kids but they were good.

Chesapeake, Dazzlers, Field Lane, Allestree all still going 

2 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

16 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Chesapeake, Dazzlers, Field Lane, Allestree all still going 

pretty sure the Chesapeake teams I played against used to wear Man United's 1985 kit

41BR8ywYjmL._SY300_.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

pretty sure the Chesapeake teams I played against used to wear Man United's 1985 kit

41BR8ywYjmL._SY300_.jpg

Blue and red..... still do now. They are still top end in youth football..... RBL, Dazzlers, Mickleover Sports, Allenton  United and some of Ilkeston teams are pretty well run clubs..... as are Jubilee 

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

41BR8ywYjmL._SY300_.jpg

I can't remember the kit, but they had the coolest trackies, blue with a Red Indian head on the back.

I'm a few months older than you, so around the same era.

32 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I can't remember the kit, but they had the coolest trackies, blue with a Red Indian head on the back.

I'm a few months older than you, so around the same era.

I used to have one of those! Chesapeake were my first team along with St Kitts YC.

Played for lots of teams from U11's until about 3 years ago when my children stole all my spare time. Off the top of my head:-

Chezza

St kits

Derby Pheonix

Littleover Dazzlers 

Parkside Colts. 95-96 (What a team that was!......on paper - strangely didnt work massively on the pitch)

Mickleover AllStars

Several military Unit teams

As an adult Newmount FC (RIP) in the Midlands regional. 

Fun fact: in my last season with Newmount I scored 2 headers from outside the box and managed 4 possibly 5 red cards for being slow and cynical !

Nicknamed "the plumber".......

For fixing leaky defences. :whistle:

11 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I've played for ADASC and alfreton town as a under 16 then played for The Swan and Salmon for about 4 years after that ! 

I drank in the Swan and Salmon for a year or two if that's any help! Its a Nisa corner shop now...

Uttoxeter and District Sunday League Division Two Player of the Year 1984, 1985 and 1991.

I was robbed the years in between.

Loved playing sunday football,. The Rams on a Satdee, playing on a Sunday......life seemed so simple then..

5 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I drank in the Swan and Salmon for a year or two if that's any help! Its a Nisa corner shop now...

Uttoxeter and District Sunday League Division Two Player of the Year 1984, 1985 and 1991.

I was robbed the years in between.

Loved playing sunday football,. The Rams on a Satdee, playing on a Sunday......life seemed so simple then..

Think it might be a different Swan and Salmon! This one's still open but just doesn't have a pub team anymore . Plus it's in Alfreton ?.  

18 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

Played against Swan and Salmon in my time, and a few games up Belper way as well.

I'm 40 now, so this was 20 or so ears ago  now.

Back when everyone wore black boots.

Still only wear black boots myself and I'm 24. Hate colourful boots.

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Both boots are for the left I heard......

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

To be fair, I live right near this Nisa now. They're still in the booze game, they do a mean offer on Frosty Jacks. Not to be sniffed at... :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Tombo said:

To be fair, I live right near this Nisa now. They're still in the booze game, they do a mean offer on Frosty Jacks. Not to be sniffed at... :ph34r:

Brown bags only 

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I was wearing coloured boots in the Tavenners league 20 years ago.  Our (Spondon DTD) kit was yellow and black stripes and I got some great yellow boots with black detail.  I may have been kicked harder but I looked good.

I played for Shelton Lock juniors and Boulton Lane Park Rangers as a youngster, although preferred 5-a-side at Willows from 13-16 then JJB. In men's league I have played for Mill Hill which became Drill Hall Rams, The Waterfall and Bridge Inn with a couple of people from here, @Alex W @MrOrdinary and @Hucknall Ram (Not that Hucknall posts on here anymore) Now my team, Sandiacre Saints, has just folded to start again in a different league next season, we were in the Long Eaton league but moving into the Midlands league.

Archived