F A Cup 3rd Round

Tony Le Mesmer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FA Cup 2nd round this Friday to Monday.. Going to be interesting to see who's going through to the 3rd Round. 3rd round draw is next Monday night. Can't wait!

?

Some cup upsets in 2nd Round Cambridge Sutton United Barrow AFC. 

Stourbridge game called off due frozen pitch. Lincoln playing tomorrow night good luck to them. 

Barrow AFC or Sutton United away please. :) 

4 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Some cup upsets in 2nd Round Cambridge Sutton United Barrow AFC. 

Stourbridge game called off due frozen pitch. Lincoln playing tomorrow night good luck to them. 

Barrow AFC or Sutton United away please. :) 

There's no away segregation at gander green lane so that should be fun and games if they get us at home. :(

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

There's no away segregation at gander green lane so that should be fun and games if they get us at home. :(

Barrow AFC away it is then. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Perhaps Liverpool v Plymouth is one for the purists in what looks an uninspiring set of 3rd round fixtures.

Quite why WHU v Man City is on telly tonight when you've got Brentford v Eastleigh, Ipswich v Lincoln and Sutton United v AFC Wimbledon is beyond me. Don't they get enough money? Most fans will be out on the booze anyway and won't watch it so what's the point?

Oddly , the tie I'm interested in is Barrow v Rochdale.

Our game also would have been ideal to be televised I think.

38 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Villa on TV too but rather Barrow on it tbh.

Just bugs me. Barrow have had to battle through the rounds to get there and instead of landing a plum draw which could net them thousands more than the 3rd round place money they get Rochdale.

I know it's the luck of the draw an all that but then you get two Premier sides who everyone sees every week on tv anyway who have not played any rounds to get to this point, who will play reserve teams and who will benefit from being on tv.

As I've said on another thread, I've not much sympathy for some lower league clubs because of the way they are run but if they can get to the 3rd round then fair play to them and they should be given more respect and consideration by the FA in a cup competition that in all honesty is only still popular because of these smaller clubs and giant killings.

If the semi finals were Man City v Stoke and Arsenal v Chelsea then that's where my interest in the cup ends as it then becomes boring.

3 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

Football  focus is coming from barrow tomorrow.  So at least they are getting  some reward  for getting to the third round. Think they might struggle  against Rochdale but you never know.

the beauty of the cup  ...    good luck to Barrow     and hope they get a result  ...    Remember us playing Southport  a couple of years ago     a fore gone conclusion    !!!!!     a 92min penalty by Chris Martin was the only difference 

Archived