F A Cup 3rd Round

Tony Le Mesmer

Firstly, does anyone know the draw date for this as I cannot find it anywhere not even on the FA website.

Whilst I'm on the subject. Anyone got any preferences for who they would want?

I still love the FA Cup despite it's devaluation by the big boys.

Personally I'd like Chesterfield away as it would help them financially plus it's round the corner literally.

Failing that Lincoln away, Macc Town i know well and that would be great fun.

Just any lower league team away so I can reminisce how it used to be for me every week. Some cracking lower league clubs to visit.

Knowing me we'll get Millwall away. Errr no thanks.

Other than that, a home draw v anyone.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Firstly, does anyone know the draw date for this as I cannot find it anywhere not even on the FA website.

Personally I'd like Chesterfield away as it would help them financially plus it's round the corner literally.

Just any lower league team away so I can reminisce how it used to be for me every week. Some cracking lower league clubs to visit.

It is normally after the second round matches on the Sunday (4th December this year)

Preference anyone other than a championship team, home or away.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Eastleigh away. I can walk it.....:lol: Actually....are Eastleigh still in it?

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Eastleigh away. I can walk it.....:lol: Actually....are Eastleigh still in it?

They have a replay at Swindon this evening who have picked up recently and have Tim Sherwood overseeing things now so will be a tough ask for the spitfires.

They struggled to beat a York side at the silverlake on Saturday but despite that, new boss Ronnie Moore has them right in the mix for the play offs. Not a chance they'll win the league with Forest Green in there.

Also just seen that Eastleigh have signed young Ram Alefe Santos on loan today.

3 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

They have a replay at Swindon this evening who have picked up recently and have Tim Sherwood overseeing things now so will be a tough ask for the spitfires.

They struggled to beat a York side at the silverlake on Saturday but despite that, new boss Ronnie Moore has them right in the mix for the play offs. Not a chance they'll win the league with Forest Green in there.

excellent! I can check up on his form. Cheers Tony:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

3rd round draw was on the 7th of December last year.

I'd prefer a draw away at a small club in the north with a ground that's too big for them so it isn't a pain in the arse to get tickets. Lincoln would be ideal.

Just now, Anon said:

3rd round draw was on the 7th of December last year.

I'd prefer a draw away at a small club in the north with a ground that's too big for them so it isn't a pain in the arse to get tickets. Lincoln would be ideal.

It's a shame the old Darlington aren't still in existence and playing at the Reynolds Arena.

I recall going there in the away end a few years back and there being about 200 of us and 2500 quakers in a ground that held about 25000 plus. Plenty of room for Derby fans in there! :lol:

Weird experience.

Sadly they went bust but the reformed club are at the top end of their league and have made giant strides.

Accrington away would get a bit tight for room I reckon.

6 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Non league team away on Saturday at 3 for me

6 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Not going too well for Mr Sherwood so far :)

Despite the débâcle earlier this season I would like the tie to be at the Pirelli Stadium.

Following a hard earned draw a replay at the iPro would be a sell-out.

Burton and Derby have always managed to avoid each other in the FA Cup.

The odds against them meeting now are significantly shorter than when the Brewers were in the Conference!

17 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

It's a shame the old Darlington aren't still in existence and playing at the Reynolds Arena.

I recall going there in the away end a few years back and there being about 200 of us and 2500 quakers in a ground that held about 25000 plus. Plenty of room for Derby fans in there! :lol:

Weird experience.

Sadly they went bust but the reformed club are at the top end of their league and have made giant strides.

Accrington away would get a bit tight for room I reckon.

I feel quite bad for Darlo over the stadium debacle. There never seemed to be much arrogance from them. They never thought they were going to be the next big team in the north east. There was just a hopeful optimism that it might not be completely ****. And what did they get? One Elton John concert and one of the oldest clubs in the country going bust. Did you ever go to Feethams before they moved?

On 15 November 2016 at 13:18, Tony Le Mesmer said:

5th December 2016 19.00-19.30 on BBC1 or BBC2. Non League side away will do me.. Hoping Dover win the replay tomorrow night.. 

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Damn... Next year then.

Nearest to you is Woking Welling Sutton Untied Braintree Town these teams are in the 2nd round FA Cup. Dover will be if they win tomorrow night replay though.. 

Brackley game update 

2-2

Archived