Chesterfield in turmoil.

RiddingsRam

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Zurich Ram said:

Used to always look out for Chesterfield's score, after ours & Burton's - until we played them in the cup and the utter tw@ttishness of some of their fans. Singing about the Philpotts - from a Derbyshire club's supporters? - balls to them, no sympathy now.

I don't recall them singing anything, worst away fans ever at iPro

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

They don't sing at home either. pretty crap all round if you ask me.

They have a drummer at the back of the South stand and a handful of singers but having been in the opposite away end numerous times I can say with confidence that they are barely audible.

Accrington have a similar set up and a ground where sound dissipates and they create more atmos.

Could never put my finger on it but always felt depressed when going in the home stands at the Prozac. There is just a quietness and feeling of boredom almost.

8 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

They have a drummer at the back of the South stand and a handful of singers but having been in the opposite away end numerous times I can say with confidence that they are barely audible.

Accrington have a similar set up and a ground where sound dissipates and they create more atmos.

Could never put my finger on it but always felt depressed when going in the home stands at the Prozac. There is just a quietness and feeling of boredom almost.

It's not just me then. I thought it was the fact that my heart wasn't in it that it felt quiet and got the feeling of being bored during matches. It made me realise how good we have it at Derby even during our quieter moments . 

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I saw them at Mansfield once, their fans were very impressive and very loud.

I didn't see anything wrong with them at the Ipro in the cup game, good turn out and the ones I spoke to were sound.

they had a box in the West stand, which had to be cleared by half time because of the obnoxious crap they were coming out with 

14 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I saw them at Mansfield once, their fans were very impressive and very loud.

I didn't see anything wrong with them at the Ipro in the cup game, good turn out and the ones I spoke to were sound.

To be fair. Mansfield away and Derby away in the cup are local derbies. The atmos and turnout are bound to be good. Lets see what they're like away at Crawley in February.

28 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Believe me 0 - 0 against Fleetwood wont great.

Home fans of most teams are not the most voiciferous to be fair to Chesterfield but I've been to the proact about 30 times in the last 5 years , most in the home wings and it's always flat. I just don't like the ground either. It's a plain, dull, soulless rectangle with seats in it. Parked next to it today as the Tesco opposite is where I usually do my shopping and when you look at it the place looks tiny and tinny.

I like Morecambe's new ground and Rotherhams too. Chesterfield's is functional if nothing else.

3 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Home fans of most teams are not the most voiciferous to be fair to Chesterfield but I've been to the proact about 30 times in the last 5 years , most in the home wings and it's always flat. I just don't like the ground either. It's a plain, dull, soulless rectangle with seats in it. Parked next to it today as the Tesco opposite is where I usually do my shopping and when you look at it the place looks tiny and tinny.

I like Morecambe's new ground and Rotherhams too. Chesterfield's is functional if nothing else.

Really ? Bit harsh ! I think it's a lovely little stadium for there level ! Probably beyond there means ! Better than the old **** hole ! 

16 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Really ? Bit harsh ! I think it's a lovely little stadium for there level ! Probably beyond there means ! Better than the old **** hole ! 

I preferred saltergate so we do differ Riddings! :lol:

I just don't like the open ended corners. It should be all enclosed like the ipro but a lot smaller obviously.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I preferred saltergate so we do differ Riddings! :lol:

I just don't like the open ended corners. It should be all enclosed like the ipro but a lot smaller obviously.

Yeah but saltergate needed waay too much work ! It was a dump! So they needed to move on and the proact is spot in for there level ! Or for Staveley to play in if chesterfield go under ??.

I prefer the new builds that have seats in either wing stand and terrace at either end behind the goals. Like Morecambe and Burton.

You get more atmosphere.

All seater stadia should really be enclosed all the way around and have an overhanging roof so it keeps all the noise in and looks compact. IMO although I'm not architecturally qualified. ;)

Just my personal preference.

18 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I'm sad to see any local club struggling.

Always keep one eye on them and Alfreton amongst others.

Didn't Alfreton have some new American owners who wanted to rebrand the club and put it 'on the map' as it were?

Sure I read something a few years ago about it and remember wetting myself with laughter.

Subsequently they got relegated though but I'd rather see Alfreton do well than Chesterfield.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Didn't Alfreton have some new American owners who wanted to rebrand the club and put it 'on the map' as it were?

Sure I read something a few years ago about it and remember wetting myself with laughter.

Subsequently they got relegated though but I'd rather see Alfreton do well than Chesterfield.

Alfreton have a successful manager in Nicky Law. I've been watching Buxton for years, and it was a sad day when he left.

From Alfreton's website: "Nicky was appointed on Monday, May 14, 2007, after resigning his post at Buxton the day before. He had led the Bucks to promotion after winning the Northern Premier League First Division title and also landing the President's Cup which made it back to back promotions and three cup wins in his two seasons at the Silverlands."

Happy days.

5 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I have no idea tbh.Spent some happy years as a youngster in Alfreton hence the interest.

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Alfreton have a successful manager in Nicky Law. I've been watching Buxton for years, and it was a sad day when he left.

From Alfreton's website: "Nicky was appointed on Monday, May 14, 2007, after resigning his post at Buxton the day before. He had led the Bucks to promotion after winning the Northern Premier League First Division title and also landing the President's Cup which made it back to back promotions and three cup wins in his two seasons at the Silverlands."

Happy days.

I spent many happy years in the rain and snow wilderness of Buxton too.....bloody hell it's cold up their!

Archived