Crouchy

Parsnip

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is the declining ex PL player's last payday the new "Derby Way"? 

Not fussed, used to he ok, but I'd rather we found a way to use Vydra. 

I think the question is could Crouch work well with Vydra. ? I don't know, but I do agree with you Radioactive... I think Vydra is going to be great, we just need to work on how to keep what we do right and release the killer that Vydra most certainly could be. There is something really hungry and quick about his attitude and demeanour on the pitch. At some point he is going to light up a game. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is the declining ex PL player's last payday the new "Derby Way"? 

Not fussed, used to he ok, but I'd rather we found a way to use Vydra. 

No, The Derby Way is sucking down every word a never-right second-rate hack utters like a trout rising to a Mayfly.

38 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

If Martin's gone then it might not be a bad move in the short term (till the end of the season). He's old now and expensive wage-wise, but he actually has some of the attributes that Martin bought to the team. 

Swap for Granty?

I think you're right here @Ramarena. Crouch is technically very good and will be able to get involved in our attacking passing play. His age is obviously a concern but short term it could be a good idea and would give us chance to reassess in the summer.

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I think you're right here @Ramarena. Crouch is technically very good and will be able to get involved in our attacking passing play. His age is obviously a concern but short term it could be a good idea and would give us chance to reassess in the summer.

I think he would give us an extra dimension up top too. We finally have the pace we crying out for under Mac last time in Vydra, we have Bent, who despite the slating he's received can still do a job for 70 mins and has actually improved his all round game compensating for his loss of pace, Crouch would be a decent short term option for the pivot role.

That would give us three decent and very different options for the second half of the season, and as you say we could then reassess in the summer. 

I think I'd prefer a Crouch loan over a move for Jutkiewicz largely based on that little bit of extra quality and 'something different' that Crouchy could offer.

Jutkiewicz is basically a steady enough championship 'big man' with a fairly average goal scoring record.  I could see him scoring a few though, and to be honest i thought we should have signed him from Coventry a few years back. 

2 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

I wholeheartedly would welcome Peter Crouch in with open arms. 

As with the Barton, I think it would just be quite funny and something to talk about.

Wixman, you have punchy posts down to an artform. You heading for 2 likes per post. That's better than Messi's goals to game ratio. You are a legend ! 

But there is nothing funny about Barton .. A talking point yes ... Amusing no ! 

Jordan Rhodes, Andre Grey, Callum Wilson, Troy Deeny, Jamie Vardy, Rickie Lambert, Charlie Austin....

Just a quick off the top of my head list of strikers signed by championship clubs from lower league clubs for no more than a couple of million in recent years who had great potentional and went onto succeed.

I appreciate for every 1 Andre Grey there are 10 Liam Dickinsons, but if we are taking scouting seriously then we should be picking the top talent up from league 1 and 2.

The 5 million we absolutely threw away on Blackman and Camara could have bought a right couple of gems.

If we go onto signing Crouch/Barton, why bother having a scouting network? 

Archived