Lukas Jutkiewicz

David

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember Burnley signed him when we very nearly signed him, I was convinced they got him as punishment for us keeping Bryson.

We signed Leon best after missing out on Lukas.

I see Stevie has the same targets, many years on. 

Or Nixon is still using his 2013 diary.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am sure people said similar things when we signed Martin permanently. He had done nothing of note before banging them in for us. Whatever happens I don't think having a more physical option up front will do us any harm.

Somewhat true, but....

Martin had shown that, albeit in League One, he was capable of scoring 23 goals in a season - Jutkiewicz's career high is 12 goals in a season - once in Scotland, once in The Championship.

Always thought Jutkiewicz was more of your bog standard target man, but may be wrong. He's on his 10th club (including loand) at 27, which is never a good sign.

31 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Somewhat true, but....

Martin had shown that, albeit in League One, he was capable of scoring 23 goals in a season - Jutkiewicz's career high is 12 goals in a season - once in Scotland, once in The Championship.

Always thought Jutkiewicz was more of your bog standard target man, but may be wrong. He's on his 10th club (including loand) at 27, which is never a good sign.

Fair points, I haven't seen enough of him to know how limited (or not) he might be. I don't think we need a striker to be totally prolific. If we have a striker that is capable of holding the ball up and bringing the likes of Ince, Hughes, Butterfield and Russell in to play we will score goals regardless.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Fair points, I haven't seen enough of him to know how limited (or not) he might be. I don't think we need a striker to be totally prolific. If we have a striker that is capable of holding the ball up and bringing the likes of Ince, Hughes, Butterfield and Russell in to play we will score goals regardless.

I am neutral regarding CM coming back or not but he did all that and scored 20 goals a season so defo a backward step.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

A player we once wanted as cover for Martin is now his replacement. 

I like Jutkiewicz, but it just makes the decision to let Martin go even stupider. 

I think the point is that the management of Pearson had a lot to do with Martin going and now Steve is in and wants Jutiewicz. So totally different scenario and can't really be linked.

8 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I think the point is that the management of Pearson had a lot to do with Martin going and now Steve is in and wants Jutiewicz. So totally different scenario and can't really be linked.

Mel gets accused of interfering when I doubt very much he does. 

This is one such occasion when he should have. It was totally forseeable that we would need a true replacement for him and we gave ourselves absolutely zero chance of getting one for five months.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

It won't do us any harm to be a little more conservative in our spending. We have quite a few players on expensive and lengthy contracts after our last three transfer windows. We also have an 8 million pound striker on our books already. We need to try and get things right with him before spunking another 10 million up the wall.

Sell Ince,  sell Russell, sell Weimann, sell Blackman, release Bent. Then let's see what we have and spunk away! 

Let's not let Wolves' limp defence build up the reputation of our current crop.

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Sell Ince,  sell Russell, sell Weimann, sell Blackman, release Bent. Then let's see what we have and spunk away! 

Before this season Ince and Russell's records for us were brilliant. They averaged more than one goal or an assist every 180 minutes. 

Wolves has built nobody's reputation. 

With Rotherham home, Forest Home, Wigan home and away, Birmingham home, Fulham and QPR away coming up, I think players with damaged reputations have a great chance in fully restoring their name.

Ince and Bent were formidable under McClaren last time, and against Wolves they had 3 goals between them. 

The next few weeks leading up to Jan could be fun.

59 minutes ago, cannable said:

Mel gets accused of interfering when I doubt very much he does. 

This is one such occasion when he should have. It was totally forseeable that we would need a true replacement for him and we gave ourselves absolutely zero chance of getting one for five months.

I tend to agree with you to a point.

However Mel bought in Pearson who will have no doubt have said he will get the Rams up playing a certain type of football and Martin does not fit that bill.

19 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

However Mel bought in Pearson who will have no doubt have said he will get the Rams up playing a certain type of football and Martin does not fit that bill.

This is the thing though isn't it? People were unhappy with Mel because he'd seemingly given Pearson liscence to knock down and rebuild and had scrapped 'The Derby Way'. 

Mel has since gone on to state that this wasn't the case and in fact the row that cost Pearson his job was over direction. 

Some fans were stating from as early as Kaiserslautern that Pearson was changing direction and by the first international break it was clear that we didn't have the players for Pearson football. Surely Mel must have realised this to?

Mel's biggest mistake is not sacking Pearson after Burton. 

17 minutes ago, cannable said:

This is the thing though isn't it? People were unhappy with Mel because he'd seemingly given Pearson liscence to knock down and rebuild and had scrapped 'The Derby Way'. 

Mel has since gone on to state that this wasn't the case and in fact the row that cost Pearson his job was over direction. 

Some fans were stating from as early as Kaiserslautern that Pearson was changing direction and by the first international break it was clear that we didn't have the players for Pearson football. Surely Mel must have realised this to?

Mel's biggest mistake is not sacking Pearson after Burton. 

I was thinking more before Benfica

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Let's not let the opinion of one half-fan undermine what McClaren is trying to do.

Would be immensely underwhelmed with this, never really done enough in his career to make me think he'd be worthwhile signing bar a recent run of good form, which was the whole reason we ended up with bloody nick Blackman. He is however the sort of striker we do need, a good hold up man so at least we're looking in the right places, but I think he's distinctly average as a player and we need better.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Tbf we don't know what conversations happen behind the scenes, I wouldn't be surprised if Pearson wanted to fully sell Martin who didn't fit his plans but Rush+Mel made it a loan deal, so that if  Pearson didnt work out they would eventually have Martin back.

The fact we have a 5month wait is just down to how quickly Pearson came and went. And if any of you say you expected Pearson to be gone before October you are lying

Archived