POLL: Christmas... Turkey? Is it vital?

Mostyn6

is Turkey the "must have" for your Christmas dinner?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duck is my Christmas bird of choice, but we usually have turkey as well. Other main 'meat' treats on the plate include roast pork and my daughter's fantastic cranberry and nut roast.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

And you still have turkey?

It's free!

Actually yes, I see how the meat is handled (oo-er) and it's perfectly fine with me. 

Actually if you buy chicken from any supermarket, or popular fast food American style chicken place, there's a good chance it's produced in the factory I work at.

1 hour ago, JarodyDCFC said:

I used to eat horse meat till that scandal.....:whistle:

Love a bit of horse meat me. 

I'm a turkey man myself, but sadly it's been 20 odd years since I've had it. God I miss my turkey, roast spuds, stuffing, brussels, gravy.......

Over here the main meal at Christmas is the night of Christmas Eve. On Christmas Day we normally have the left overs. Basically everything is pushed forward a day as Boxing Day isn't  a holiday over here. Loads of sea food, prawns etc. And normally lamb too. 

So, didn't vote because there wasn't an option for me ?

25 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

It's free!

Actually yes, I see how the meat is handled (oo-er) and it's perfectly fine with me. 

Actually if you buy chicken from any supermarket, or popular fast food American style chicken place, there's a good chance it's produced in the factory I work at.

That's good enough for me! I tend not to trust chicken for reasons too arcane to remember but if you work there and eat the stuff, it must be ok, right?

We normally have a polish Christmas eve meal, called Wigilia(sic).

Twelve non - meat courses, including raw fish in onions, fish in tomato, battered fish, breaded fish, fish with peppers, smoked fish, beetroot soup and stuffed pasta with mushrooms!

This year it's up to us to host it, so Filet'o'Fish and fries may make its way onto the menu!

I much prefer the English tradition of going out and getting bladdered, before fighting over a taxi home to be honest!

9 hours ago, reveldevil said:

We normally have a polish Christmas eve meal, called Wigilia(sic).

Twelve non - meat courses, including raw fish in onions, fish in tomato, battered fish, breaded fish, fish with peppers, smoked fish, beetroot soup and stuffed pasta with mushrooms!

This year it's up to us to host it, so Filet'o'Fish and fries may make its way onto the menu!

I much prefer the English tradition of going out and getting bladdered, before fighting over a taxi home to be honest!

Wigilia here too. With the family head breaking bread for everyone. No booze (may have to skirt tradition on that one).

Turkey is great to have all year round. It's also one of the foods highest in tryptophan which helps with low mood and depression. Given it's Christmas soon I think that maybe on that basis, Turkey is a good choice. :lol:

I'll eat pretty much anything for Christmas dinner. I've even had fish fingers and oven chips in the past. So long as I don't have to be around certain family members and forced to like them for a few hours of false 'fun, frivolity and festivity' then I'm happy.

Great cooking tips by ladyram there. Turkey is often a dry meat and can be tough too so tips are welcomed.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Wigilia here too. With the family head breaking bread for everyone. No booze (may have to skirt tradition on that one).

No booze?

We have wisnowka, krupnik and polish spirit with ours, it's the only way I can eat half the stuff!

Archived