Joey Barton

DcFc Dyycheee
Message added by David

Joey Barton - Appointed as Fleetwood Head Coach > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29009-joey-barton-appointed-as-fleetwood-head-coach/

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just remember how much money we have spent in the last few seasons, in this transfer window we got rid of Hendrick and have not replaced him, though some would argue are midfield was bloated already but bear in mind Thorne is injury prone. A player of Joey Barton's experience and talent on a free is a no brainer regardless of his off-field issues. If we don't get him he will end up at a promotion rival such as Newcastle, Aston Villa etc. and we must not forget that he has won promotion 3/3 seasons in this league Newcastle 2009/10, QPR wembley :( 2013/14 and Burnley 2015/16 !

Whys it matter if he's had abit of a history off the pitch? He's got three promotions under his belt , a recent player of the season award, was featured in the team of the season.

Hes brave, he's a gobby ****, he's good on the ball, he's a leader, he's experienced in a promotion push and he'd take pressure off a lot of these players - at Wembley he also shown us a lot of respect at full time. He's not all bad.

Ask any Burnley fan and they'd speak very highly of him. We've missed bite in that midfield for a decade, since Seth Johnson retired. 

Give him a chance, everyone makes mistakes - Martin was abit of dick before joining DCFC, yet everyone now worships him. Couldn't care less what he does off the field, he'd been a top (freebie) player for any championship club.

It's a risk worth taking, give him a contract until the end of the season, his attitude can be questioned but hes a winner and leader and that's what we need.

It gives time for Thorne got get fullyfit.

People saying Johnson is doing fine as the holder which he is but can he /does he dictate a game like Barton or Thorne from that position, he's better further forward.

9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Whys it matter if he's had abit of a history off the pitch? He's got three promotions under his belt , a recent player of the season award, was featured in the team of the season.

Hes brave, he's a gobby ****, he's good on the ball, he's a leader, he's experienced in a promotion push and he'd take pressure off a lot of these players - at Wembley he also shown us a lot of respect at full time. He's not all bad.

Ask any Burnley fan and they'd speak very highly of him. We've missed bite in that midfield for a decade, since Seth Johnson retired. 

Give him a chance, everyone makes mistakes - Martin was abit of dick before joining DCFC, yet everyone now worships him. Couldn't care less what he does off the field, he'd been a top (freebie) player for any championship club.

It matters for two reasons Papahet:

firstly, because a really strong character like JB can just as much upset and disrupt a dressing room and team as inspire it - the Rangers JB v the Burnley JB if you like; and secondly because his past, and more particularly what he has done, makes him a divisive character amongst fans, some of whom will believe that he is, or should be, a role model, especially for youngsters within and outside the club.

I have no idea whether JB is considering coming to Derby or whether Derby are considering JB. We could do with his footballing abilities in my view but if he cannot control himself, or be controlled, on and off the pitch then he will be more trouble than he is worth. I would guess that Steve McClaren thinks he can control him

I am friends with a Burnley fan - who assures me he was absolutely pivotal for them in their promotion season.  A bit of Mac loving, nice fun training sessions to keep him motivated and filling a void in a critical position make this almost a no brainer for me (especially with no fee).  

I'll judge him on what I see on the pitch.

3 seasons ago, he came up here with QPR, sprayed some pretty passes around to little effect, and got put on his arse by Chris Martin.

He wasn't as good as Eustace that night, I see no reason he'd be anymore effective now.

Archived