Five-year-old Joshua in Rochdale squad

OohMartWright

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree. Great tribute.

A German club did something similar this season although not sure which one. Darmstadt rings a bell but not sure.

They renamed their stadium after a fsn who passed away but i believe it's just for the one season.

It is heartwarming when clubs occasionally do things like this.

On the flipside. Another dig at my old club York City if i may?

Their home terrace was very kindly renamed the David Longhurst stand after a plea from fans in tribute of ex Minsterman who swallowed his tongue and died on the pitch in the 90's.

The signage fell into disrepair and it took complaints from fans and a press campaign to finally get the chairman to feel guilty and get it fixed otherwise it would have remained as it was.

Some clubs have respect and consideration for others but not all.

2 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Big respect to Rochdale who have named terminally ill five year old Joshua McCormack as one of their substitutes for tonight's Checkatrade Trophy match against Hartlepool. A wonderful gesture.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/five-year-old-joshua-mccormack-named-in-dale-squad-3407544.aspx

Its a fantastic gesture. I hope they can win for him.

Always had a lot of time for Rochdale. Been there as an away fan on a number of occasions and everyone about the club has got time for you. Time for a chat. Really friendly club and it was good to see them promoted a few seasons ago after decades and decades of basement football.

Cracking pub at the end of the road there at Spotland and the chippy over the road is one of the finest.

On 09/11/2016 at 19:50, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Always had a lot of time for Rochdale. Been there as an away fan on a number of occasions and everyone about the club has got time for you. Time for a chat. Really friendly club and it was good to see them promoted a few seasons ago after decades and decades of basement football.

Cracking pub at the end of the road there at Spotland and the chippy over the road is one of the finest.

My manager goes home and away with Rochdale. One benefit is he gets on telly almost every away game :)

• 2 months later...

Tragic news. I have just learned of this poor little lad passing away. Such a sad loss for his parents and family. Rochdale have retired the number 55 that they registered for the boy when they named him on the team sheet.

Please just take this time to reflect on the people you love in your lives and maybe tell them tonight. I'm sure it would mean a lot.

Archived