could it happen again (Wembley)

B4ev6is

I dare to dream just yet but could it be another trip to wembly at the end of may. I know cyrus christie picked up a broken ankle on saturday shame really as he was getting to old self. But the lads do seem to believe in themselfs again and it is showing they are fighting again for the club and passion is there to see.

If we can keep scoring goals and keep a few more clean sheets but i know were going concead at times but it is how the lads come back. I think next step is to show never say die spirt not know when they are beaten to keep fighting to bitter end.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can kick on between now and Jan, anything is possible.

Norwich have gone stale recently and Brighton are the only team keeping up with Newcastle.

Shame about Christie as he damages our attacking intent,  but if we find a like for like attacking replacement we should be fine.

Long story short, top 2 is not too far fetched.

Top 2,no chance. Play offs definitely possible, but going to be some decent teams in there this year. Still feel Newcastle and Norwich will be 1 and 2. Leaving Us, Villa, Brighton, Leeds, and perhaps half a dozen others all with good chances of play offs. I'm tipping Steve Bruce to do his usual brilliant job in this league and take Villa up via Wembley 

Just keep ticking over and picking up points here and there and automatic is possible if somewhat a pipedream.

Heads down and keep accumulating points and IMO surefire play off spot will be ours.

What we can't afford to do is go on runs without winning. One win is better than two draws and a defeat so may as well go for it.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I dare to dream just yet but could it be another trip to wembly at the end of may. I know cyrus christie picked up a broken ankle on saturday shame really as he was getting to old self. But the lads do seem to believe in themselfs again and it is showing they are fighting again for the club and passion is there to see.

If we can keep scoring goals and keep a few more clean sheets but i know were going concead at times but it is how the lads come back. I think next step is to show never say die spirt not know when they are beaten to keep fighting to bitter end.

Please don't get too excited just yet B4. I think both you and Scott Carson should keep a few more clean sheets over the next few months, and let's see where we are come March.

39 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Please don't get too excited just yet B4. I think both you and Scott Carson should keep a few more clean sheets over the next few months, and let's see where we are come March.

Ha, with our record we could be top in march and end up 10th.

This season's about building a style of play and a "culture" as McClaren keeps calling it. He's compared ourselves this season to Huddersfield last season. I'm expecting the football to improve but it not quite to click this year but we'all be ready for next.

If we make the play-offs this year then McClaren wants knighting and I'll kiss the sea if baldness surrounding his hair island.

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Anybody clever enough to get the league table from this time last season?

here are the last two seasons, just change the dates towards the top of the page.

We are way off the last 2 seasons to be fair

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2014-2015/between-dates

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2015-2016/between-dates

Archived