Gypsy Ram

Trump or Hilary. Trump WINS!

Trump or Hillary   107 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for? Same old crap with Hillary or the kinda guy who might tweet Putin at 1am after a drinking session and call him an a hole?

• Trump
    • Hillary

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

697 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

This country did exist before the EU. It was great, we'd have all been living in places like Downton Abbey. And the swinging 60s. Free love and great tunes...yes please. I yearn for Britain to be like it was in the late 50s sort of time. When PC didn't exist and nearly everyone I worked and lived with was white and born in Britain. I say 'I' but it's actually the old ones who tell me how great these times were, when they were coincidentally children too.

You don't get anywhere by working together with other countries. We'll do what we want thankyou very much. And if they don't like it, they will suffer the consequences. We are Great Britain cos we are great. It should be Great England really.

Ah, the good old days. With workers rights and regulated capitalism. That's what the Tories are gonna deliver, right?

Were you around then? If not it sounds like heaven.

If it wasn't for the EU abolishing slavery and Jean Monnet delivering his 'I have a dream' speech I just don't know where we'd be.

16 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Ok then.

You're damn right it is. The only thing I can think of is that you think me having an opinion on what I'd like to see happen outside the boundaries of Britain is me sticking my oar in, which would be extremely daft to do because (a) that's daft in and of itself and (b) we've got 65 pages and 104 votes about the US presidential election right here.

7 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

You're damn right it is. The only thing I can think of is that you think me having an opinion on what I'd like to see happen outside the boundaries of Britain is me sticking my oar in

You don't think it was just that you said "if like me you want to see the EU burn" and he then pointed out that the EU "burning" would mean the UK suffer massively from the fallout (whether in or out of the EU at that point)

Then you said "When did I say it has to burn?" and he quoted your exact words back to you and you replied with "I see no contradiction whatsoever between those two posts" - when the correct answer was "oh I see yes, despite initially denying it,  I did indeed say that I wanted to see the EU burn. My bad" :)

ariotofmyown likes this

12 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

You don't think it was just that you said "if like me you want to see the EU burn" and he then pointed out that the EU "burning" would mean the UK suffer massively from the fallout (whether in or out of the EU at that point)

Then you said "When did I say it has to burn?" and he quoted your exact words back to you and you replied with "I see no contradiction whatsoever between those two posts" - when the correct answer was "oh I see yes, despite initially denying it,  I did indeed say that I wanted to see the EU burn. My bad" :)

I think the first paragraph is irrelevant to what he's saying.

I never said "when did I say it has to burn?"

What I said was "When did I say it has to burn to suit me?" in response to "Why does it have to burn to suit you?" 

Let me just rearrange some letters in your post 

"i like massive weinErs" -StivePesley, 2016.

17 hours ago, Ramarena said:

17 hours ago, StringerBell said:

When did I say it has to burn to suit me? When did I ask for a vote in another country's referendum? Although it would be poetic justice if the EU was brought down by outside influences at no point have I suggested that's what I want to happen. 

Did this country not exist before the EU or something? 

For people like me who want to see the EU burn the win is the most important thing.

Erm

I think @Ramarena was trying to point out  .........

suit - 

verb

be convenient for or acceptable to.

"what time would suit you?"

synonyms:be convenient for, be acceptable to, be suitable for, meet the requirements of, satisfy the demands of, be in line with the wishes of;

want - 

verb

have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for.

"I want an apple"

synonyms:desire, wish for, hope for, fancy, have a fancy for, take a fancy to, have an inclination for, care for, like, set one's heart on;

If you WANT something, it will typically SUIT your wants. You stated you saw the win as a route to your want of seeing the EU burn.

If any of the Politics, Psychology or Sociology doctoral students studying this forum/thread have a better solution, please join the site and let us know. Thank you.

P.S. Good Luck with the dissertation.

13 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I think @Ramarena was trying to point out  .........

suit - 

verb

be convenient for or acceptable to.

"what time would suit you?"

synonyms:be convenient for, be acceptable to, be suitable for, meet the requirements of, satisfy the demands of, be in line with the wishes of;

want - 

verb

have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for.

"I want an apple"

synonyms:desire, wish for, hope for, fancy, have a fancy for, take a fancy to, have an inclination for, care for, like, set one's heart on;

If you WANT something, it will typically SUIT your wants. You stated you saw the win as a route to your want of seeing the EU burn.

If any of the Politics, Psychology or Sociology doctoral students studying this forum/thread have a better solution, please join the site and let us know. Thank you.

P.S. Good Luck with the dissertation.

Would anyone like to see the dictatorship in North Korea go away? If so, why would you like to see it go away just to suit you? Don't you think it should be left to the people of North Korea to sort out? Even though you have said nothing to the contrary and you've made no indication you intend to involve yourself in North Korean politics, I take this opportunity on a thread about the US presidential election, an election both I and Ramarena have offered our opinions on, on an English football forum no less, to tell you to mind your own bloody business. I think that about sums it up.

6 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Would anyone like to see the dictatorship in North Korea go away? If so, why would you like to see it go away just to suit you? Don't you think it should be left to the people of North Korea to sort out? Even though you have said nothing to the contrary and you've made no indication you intend to involve yourself in North Korean politics, I take this opportunity on a thread about the US presidential election, an election both I and Ramarena have offered our opinions on, on an English football forum no less, to tell you to mind your own bloody business. I think that about sums it up.

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Again?

13 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Again?

Firstly, there was no contradiction on my part to start with. Unless you're talking about Ramarena offering his opinion about the US election and then, as far as I can tell, implying it's none of my business as to what happens to the EU after merely stating what I'd like to see happen to the EU. 

Secondly, is that not the point? That was me applying Ramarenas logic to another country besides those countries in the EU. Or is this 'mind your own business' ethos only applied selectively?