Gypsy Ram

Trump or Hilary. Trump WINS!

Trump or Hillary   107 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for? Same old crap with Hillary or the kinda guy who might tweet Putin at 1am after a drinking session and call him an a hole?

• Trump
    • Hillary

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

697 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

This is what I don't understand.

Fair enough you hate the E.U, you're getting out so surely it's happy days?

Why does it have to burn to suit you? Surely that's a decision for the countries that remain involved, if they want to rip it apart then fine, but it's not your call. 

The other issue is that if the E.U "burns", the fallout would take down the U.K too, in or out it wouldn't matter, from an economic or security stand point this country would suffer massively. 

Non of this makes any sense. 

When did I say it has to burn to suit me? When did I ask for a vote in another country's referendum? Although it would be poetic justice if the EU was brought down by outside influences at no point have I suggested that's what I want to happen. 

Did this country not exist before the EU or something? 

34 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

When did I say it has to burn to suit me? When did I ask for a vote in another country's referendum? Although it would be poetic justice if the EU was brought down by outside influences at no point have I suggested that's what I want to happen. 

For people like me who want to see the EU burn the win is the most important thing.

Erm

StivePesley, McRamFan and GboroRam like this

26 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Erm

Yeah I'm erming too as I see no contradiction whatsoever between those two posts. 

17 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Yeah I'm erming too as I see no contradiction whatsoever between those two posts. 

Ok then.

GboroRam and WhiteHorseRam like this

12 hours ago, StringerBell said:

This country did exist before the EU. It was great, we'd have all been living in places like Downton Abbey. And the swinging 60s. Free love and great tunes...yes please. I yearn for Britain to be like it was in the late 50s sort of time. When PC didn't exist and nearly everyone I worked and lived with was white and born in Britain. I say 'I' but it's actually the old ones who tell me how great these times were, when they were coincidentally children too.

You don't get anywhere by working together with other countries. We'll do what we want thankyou very much. And if they don't like it, they will suffer the consequences. We are Great Britain cos we are great. It should be Great England really.

Ah, the good old days. With workers rights and regulated capitalism. That's what the Tories are gonna deliver, right?

StivePesley, GboroRam and WhiteHorseRam like this

26 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

This country did exist before the EU. It was great, we'd have all been living in places like Downton Abbey. And the swinging 60s. Free love and great tunes...yes please. I yearn for Britain to be like it was in the late 50s sort of time. When PC didn't exist and nearly everyone I worked and lived with was white and born in Britain. I say 'I' but it's actually the old ones who tell me how great these times were, when they were coincidentally children too.

You don't get anywhere by working together with other countries. We'll do what we want thankyou very much. And if they don't like it, they will suffer the consequences. We are Great Britain cos we are great. It should be Great England really.

Ah, the good old days. With workers rights and regulated capitalism. That's what the Tories are gonna deliver, right?

Don't forget the empire. All those simple dark-skinned people being helped by us heroic Britons. 

ariotofmyown and Highgate like this

13 hours ago, StringerBell said:

It would be a tragedy, not poetic justice, and yet people would be celebrating it.

ariotofmyown likes this

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Although your post was dripping with sarcasm, this strange yearning for rose-tinted days gone by does seem to be a feature of the current populist politics. 

I think a big part of the Trump vote was based on a wish to go back to a halcyon pre 9/11 USA, sometime in the early/mid 1980s. Everyone working 30 hrs a week at the 'plant' (job for life), driving cars that weighed 20 tons and did 1 mile to the gallon (of virtually free gas), big chunky jumpers, GhostBusters and Ronnie in the Whitehouse intimidating the Russkies.

It will be interesting to see if being told that things are all great will satisfy these voters, as I don't think even Trunp can turn back time (that was Cher's job).

GboroRam and ariotofmyown like this

26 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Although your post was dripping with sarcasm, this strange yearning for rose-tinted days gone by does seem to be a feature of the current populist politics. 

I think a big part of the Trump vote was based on a wish to go back to a halcyon pre 9/11 USA, sometime in the early/mid 1980s. Everyone working 30 hrs a week at the 'plant' (job for life), driving cars that weighed 20 tons and did 1 mile to the gallon (of virtually free gas), big chunky jumpers, GhostBusters and Ronnie in the Whitehouse intimidating the Russkies.

It will be interesting to see if being told that things are all great will satisfy these voters, as I don't think even Trunp can turn back time (that was Cher's job).

Fair play to the right for managing to convince the voters that they want to return them to the imagined good old days. If these good old days even existed, then the right would have to implement more leftish economics to get there: job security, less privitation, responsible business practises, less inequality. Unfortunately, been scared of Johnny Foreigner, terrorists, gays etc proved more popular than positive policies, although the left have done a poor job in articulating this. Years of rightwing media telling lies doesn't help though. Or big business funded thinktank giving regular platforms to tell their 'independent' opinions too.

WhiteHorseRam likes this

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Fair play to the right for managing to convince the voters that they want to return them to the imagined good old days. If these good old days even existed, then the right would have to implement more leftish economics to get there: job security, less privitation, responsible business practises, less inequality. Unfortunately, been scared of Johnny Foreigner, terrorists, gays etc proved more popular than positive policies, although the left have done a poor job in articulating this. Years of rightwing media telling lies doesn't help though. Or big business funded thinktank giving regular platforms to tell their 'independent' opinions too.

To be fair, the left do it too.

The Corbyn/Momentum faction seem to hark to some alternative 1940s-1970s parallel history of a fantastic NHS, universal employment, fair working conditions, etc etc. McDonell and his £500 billion spend-up plan seems to be an attempt to rebuild/create this past.